Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Omex 600 start up map...struggling
Ian.C

posted on 16/6/13 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
Omex 600 start up map...struggling

Hi, Can someone tell me how to upload a start up map from a memory stick to my omex 600 ecu. I have an old laptop that has the correct serial port to connect to the ecu but wont connect to the internet so thats why I need to use a memory stick. I'm 56 so be gentle with me as I'm not as good as most with computers but I'm on a learning curve after years with twin webers and distributors! Ian
jeffw

posted on 16/6/13 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
You have downloaded the MAP3000 software from the Omex site?

Ian.C

posted on 16/6/13 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I have done that. Ian
karlak

posted on 16/6/13 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
From what I can tell, you will need to have the startup map on the same disk as your MAP3000 software. So just pop the USB stick in the laptop and copy it to a directory. (Assuming your laptop is not so old as to not have a USB socket..

It looks like the Map3000 software has a "Button" at the top called ECU, then under that "send new calibration".

This is a job I have to do this week, so will be interested to see how you get on. Did you get a start-up map from OMEX ?

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Ian.C

posted on 16/6/13 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I got the start up map from omex, the laptop has a usb port and I have managed to put the map onto the desktop, which doesnt help, what is the directory? is it a link method?
karlak

posted on 16/6/13 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Have you downloaded the OMEX tuning manual, it looks like there are is a specific directory the startup-map/calibration map need to be placed. Have sent a U2U message.

dave_424

posted on 16/6/13 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Bare in mind that I don't have any idea about OMEX or their tuning software, however if you can find the option to send a calibration file to the ECU, then when you click that it should bring up a window for you to find the tune file, which should be the one that you put onto the desktop
Ian.C

posted on 16/6/13 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info, I will try that now. Ian
karlak

posted on 16/6/13 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
OK, a closer look at the "tuning manual" suggest that you need to go a configure/folders tab first. this is to "tell" the software where to look for the Map.

After this you can go to the ECU and "send calibration" tabs.

Dusty

posted on 16/6/13 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
Your new map is on the desktop and the laptop is on.
Connect the serial port to the ECU with the cable.
Leave the ignition off for now.
Double click the Map3000 software to open it.
Under heading ECU find 'baud rate' and tick 9600.
Switch on ignition.
On Map3000 under ECU click send new map. The ECU will connect to the laptop and copy the current map and then open a window which asks which map to send and you can use that window to navigate to desktop and click on the map file and it will load to the ECU, replacing the previous startup map.
Switch off the ignition which saves the new map in the ECU. Then switch the ignition back on.
Now you need to calibrate the throttlebody. Might need to click connect again under ECU.
Then Setup - Sensors - First start.
Four windows open. You are interested in TPS basic.
In the parameters window look at the TPS raw number with the throttle closed. Type this figure into TPS min and save.
Push the throttle to the floor, read the new figure and type it into TPS max box and save. (You have to save each change as you make it)
Timing alignment figure should be 0.35 for a zetec. Type it in and save.
The other parameters should be showing sensible things for coolant and air temp on a cold engine like 18C.
Start the engine.

Ian.C

posted on 16/6/13 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Brilliant, thanks everyone I really appreciate your help. The start up map is now on the ecu.

Right will have a go at the sensors now. Thanks again. Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.