Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le Mans 2013
twybrow

posted on 16/6/13 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Le Mans 2013

So who is going to Le Mans this year? I am going for the first time, along with 4 of my friends - we are camping at Tetre Rouge. I was going to be taking the kit car down, but it has been displaced by an MX5, so we have a new shape Civic Type-R, and an MX5 - oh well, there is always next year for the kit!

So ho many LCBers are heading down, and in what?

spdpug98

posted on 16/6/13 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there, been going since 2005 although this is my first year in the MNR, shes already to go now:

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

twybrow

posted on 16/6/13 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spdpug98
I'll be there, been going since 2005 although this is my first year in the MNR, shes already to go now:

Excellent - I will look out for you.

Whereabouts in Hampshire are you based? And when are you heading out?

spdpug98

posted on 16/6/13 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'm over in Titchfield Common, I'm on the Portsmouth - Caen ferry on Wednesday morning, when are you heading over

twybrow

posted on 16/6/13 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Portsmouth to Le Havre on Thursday at 7am...!
spdpug98

posted on 16/6/13 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
We're lucky it's only a 20 minute drive to the port :-))), maybe see you over there

Paul AS

posted on 16/6/13 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going in the J15, with a mate in a classic mini cooper. All stickered up ready to go. He's got twin SU's on a 1380 with a straight cut box. Even with custom earplugs his ears will be bleeding before we get to the end of the M1!!

4 hours down to the tunnel, then another 4-5 in France - then beer!!

Eurotunnel at 10.30am Thursday morning - 4am start!! The weather forecast for Thursday and Friday is crap! Pack a big brolly!!

Camping at Pincendiere but we should make it up to the Stella Bar at some point.

KJK

posted on 16/6/13 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ninteenth year for me going with zetec mike, gorden h,turbo ben and six others leaving tues 7 am should all meet up for a beer?
ChrisW

posted on 16/6/13 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
I'm going as usual! In the RS6 this year, camping on Houx. Small group this year, only 12 of us!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 17/6/13 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent chaps - keep 'em coming!
spdpug98

posted on 17/6/13 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I've just found this in my rear tyre, now need to find someone in Southampton tomorrow who can fix it!!!

twybrow

posted on 17/6/13 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
I have had very positive dealings with 'Totton Tyre and Exhaust Centre'. They have done puncture repairs, new tyres, bodged exhausts because i was feeling poor, tracking etc, and they have always been great. Vest it all, I never book - I just turn up, and rarely have to wait long.
spdpug98

posted on 17/6/13 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
I have had very positive dealings with 'Totton Tyre and Exhaust Centre'. They have done puncture repairs, new tyres, bodged exhausts because i was feeling poor, tracking etc, and they have always been great. Vest it all, I never book - I just turn up, and rarely have to wait long.

Thanks, I'm going to try a local guy and if he can't do it I'll give the Totton guys a call - I'm sure it'll all work out (fingers crossed!!!!!)

Are they on the main road as you head into Totton

[Edited on 17/6/13 by spdpug98]

spdpug98

posted on 18/6/13 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Thanks, I'm going to try a local guy and if he can't do it I'll give the Totton guys a call - I'm sure it'll all work out (fingers crossed!!!!!)

Got it fixed......Le Mans is GO!!!

twybrow

posted on 19/6/13 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Yes, on the main road as you head into Totton.

Glad you sorted your issue - I hope to see you and the car at Le Mans!

whitestu

posted on 19/6/13 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Wish I was going!

I had a puncture once in France and the smug looking but helpful guy at the French tyre placed fixed the puncture without even letting the air out.

Never seen it done in the UK, but it basically involved pulling out the nail and inserting what looked like a bit of rubber pipe that then melted and filled the hole!

Stu

gingerprince

posted on 26/6/13 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
I went but took the scooby. Fancy taking the MK next year but will need to figure out a way to waterproof the sierra switch gear. Has anyone done this, or do you have to replace the lot with waterproof equivalents?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.