Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: revcounter unresponsive.
navyseamonkey2011

posted on 17/6/13 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
revcounter unresponsive.

Hi, this weekend I fitted a aftermarket analogue revcounter to my tigercat fitted witha 2.0 pinto and elctronic ignition and its not great!
The wires were as follows red to ign 12v, green to negative coil, black to battery neg.
The counter had an option on the back for 4 , 6 , 8 cyl engines, so I selected 4,
Also an adjuster on the back for correct RPM this has also been adjusted correctly.
The end result is a revcounter that is sluggish and will barely keep up with the engines rpm, has any else had these issues with installing to a pinto?
Also the rev counter was purchased off Fleabay chances are its crap.
Any suggestions on a small rev counter that works.

Mikef

posted on 17/6/13 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
yep had exactly the same. Its not the Pinto i generally think it is the electronic ignition. I tried various things none very satisfactory. I am using a Vapor trailtech at the moment. Its ok but very small, I have wound the sensor wire around number 1 spark plug led and selected 1 as the option. Still dont think it is the answer. I have come to the conclusion they you probably need to spend a few bob and get a good electronic rev counter. I did speak to race tech and they were very helpful but you are talking about £110 entry level.If you find a solution please let me know.

Mikef

HowardB

posted on 17/6/13 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have a smiths telemetrix gauge and it works with the ecu, it is very quick, but guess that's not an option on a pinto,...

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.