Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: emerald adaptive mapping
mcramsay

posted on 20/6/13 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
emerald adaptive mapping

hey guys just wanting some advice on the emerald adaptive mapping facility if any one is able to help:

my current set up is a gbsc zero with a 2.0 blacktop on twin jenveys with an LC1 wideband, im using a map that GBSC had done at emerald so i know the map is pretty close but could do with a RR session on my set up to get it set where i need it. currently the engine is running rich. ive done the setting up and balancing of the throttle bodies, fuel pressure and calibrated the throttle pot but im always running rich.

the emerald has an adaptive mapping feature for the injection table. the ignition table should be pretty spot on.

what i wanted to know is i want to try the adaptive mapping feature of the emerald. i currently have the lc1 communicating with the emerald correctly and i am able to enter into the adaptive mapping when driving as the ecu is giving me values to change. however i did read that it is better to have the AFR look up table set to 250 RPM increments rather than the 500 RPM, this will allow it much finer adjustment.

would it be wise to alter the injection table load sites into 250 RPM increments and allow the Emerald ECU software to interpolate the injection map, and then also set the AFR look up table into 250 RPM increments, im guessing this would give a much better update table at lower throttle settings?

any info would be greatly appreciated, i know i need a propper RR session but its not really an option at the moment, and the Map cant be too far off, as it was done by dave walker on a car with a very similar set up to mine,.

thanks in advance

inkafone

posted on 20/6/13 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think 250rpm sites will make much difference as the AFR shouldn't change much. The LC1 shouldn't allow rich running if it's calibrated properly plus if you're running a CAT it should be close to 14.7 (about 4volts from LC1) at part throttle./cruising.
mcramsay

posted on 20/6/13 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
From what I understand the adaptive mapping works on each speed site and has to remain in that speed site for a certain period before it will make any updates, I figured if you had closer speed sites then you will spend more time on one, rather than the ecu interpolating values when you are between the sites, this would allow more time on each site and thus a more accurate map?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.