Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RX-8 Renesis engine for sale, fresh from a rebuild, 6 port 231 version.
PhillipM

posted on 25/6/13 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
RX-8 Renesis engine for sale, fresh from a rebuild, 6 port 231 version.

Due to an upgrade our old race motor is for sale, the engine has done zero miles since the rebuild, it's the 6 port high power version and was recently rebuilt by WGT Developments in Cheshire using Atkins seals/springs, etc.
It's been stored indoors in the dry since the rebuild with all the ports blocked and just a little oil run around the rotors to keep everything fresh.

I also have our old stainless steel tubular exhaust manifold, couple of OE flywheels, an uprated WASP starter motor, D585 uprated coils/Magnecor KV85 leads/plug and play wiring loom adapters, as well as other parts I may let go with it to make it an easier install if someone wants them.
The other bits include a 36-1 trigger wheel setup if anyone wants to use a standalone ECU on it, a full map if you happen to be running DTA - which it made almost 220bhp at the wheels on during the last dyno run.

There's also an adapted 200mm VW clutch/flywheel/pressure plate setup which will bolt straight on for use with the old VW transaxles for anything rear engined (or mid, if you flip it).
I have the later, wider/winged sump and high flow waterpump as well if destined for a race car in which they will fit.

£1500ono

[Edited on 25/6/13 by PhillipM]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

PhillipM

posted on 26/6/13 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Forget to mention, there is a complete inlet manifold with the variable valves/actuators and the solonoids, etc, that will go with the engine, I just forgot to take a picture.
PhillipM

posted on 3/7/13 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
I can help with mating this to whatever transmission you want to run if required (although it should bolt straight up to an MX-5 'box for those of you using that drivetrain)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.