Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap Duratec for sale, Suffolk
BigFaceDave

posted on 29/6/13 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap Duratec for sale, Suffolk

Hello everybody,

I have for sale a cheap 2ltr duratec removed from a 2001 mondeo, I will try to keep the story as short as possible but here goes....

I bought the car from my brother in law a while back with what he was told was a bottom end rattle. He had a deal with his counsin over some money that he was owed and the debt was settled by his cousins husband (mechanic) would do all the work his car needed sevicing repairs etc etc for as long as he had the car which was ideal for all parties except I think the guy started getting annoyed with having to do work on the car and not getting paid for it so i wonder if he invented the rattle but not really 100% sure! I drove it back from Swindon to Suffolk (180ish miles) and just kept the revs low and sat at about 55 behind a lorry all the way back and never heard the rattle which apparently started around about the 4k area and when I got back I reved it a bit harder but no rattle..... No I honestly dont know if there is something that needs looking at or not as my brother in law isnt what you'd call mechanically minded and didnt really seem to know what the noise sounded like.

So basically I have a 2ltr duratec with approx 115k on the clock I think that may or may not need a rebuild, It comes with loom ecu and the key from the car with the chip in it. As well as the gearbox, basically what you see in the pictures! Any question please feel free to ask and I will answer as honestly as I can!

Id like £200 or close offers

Collection from Near Stowmarket suffolk or can put on a pallet and send at extra cost if needed.

Daft Bugger with a silly grin not included!

[Edited on 29/6/13 by BigFaceDave]

[Edited on 29/6/13 by BigFaceDave]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

wylliezx9r

posted on 29/6/13 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
555 wow that's one quick Mondeo.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

BigFaceDave

posted on 29/6/13 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
555 wow that's one quick Mondeo.

Thats why its ideal for a kit car!

Edited to 55 not 555 now!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.