Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Excel expert needed
RichardK

posted on 30/6/13 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Excel expert needed

Hi gang, I need to get a sheet together for my team of sales peeps.

It maybe easier if I try and describe what the sheet needs to provide them?

They are a copier sales team and sell my services on a cost per copy basis on black and white and colour so probably 2 sheets will need creating but will nearly be identical.

The manufacturer gives us all the info we need to get a ball park figure which uses the cost of consumable parts and the yield from the toner cartridges (usually at a 5% coverage) although this is rarely done these days more like 20% >! Together with the recommended monthly volume of prints. So for example a machine that will do 30,000 bw prints at 5% coverage could have the copy charge at something like .7 of a penny or colour at something like 7 pence.

What I'd like to do is have some sort of matrix that I can refer to so if the sales person comes to me and says customer A is agreeing to do X amount of copies per month and his coverage is Y so whatever x & y is I can suggest a cost per copy price based on this, this matrix would have to have the ref/variable the same as what the manufacturer suggests and it would be great if these variables could be changed when new products are launched then a matrix built from these going from say 0 copies to 100000 in 10k increments.

I'm not bad in hacking about with spreadsheets but starting from scratch is totally beyond me so any help would absolutely brill.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
johnny chimpo

posted on 30/6/13 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
what are the manufacturers figures that you need to base these calculations on?
johnny chimpo

posted on 30/6/13 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
and what would the coverage increments need to range from?
RichardK

posted on 30/6/13 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Johny, the manufacturers variables change from model to model which is why I was hoping that the can be changeable, which then would build a new matrix.

The 3 things that they always seem to give though is the recommended monthly copy volume and recommended copy charge amount which is usually calculated at 5%

Coverage I suppose for accuracy would need to be from 0-100%

Thanks for the reply though mate, will be off to bed in an hour or so so don't think I'm not replying if you need any further info.

Cheers

Rich

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichardK

posted on 30/6/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
The reasoning behind this though is if a customer will commit to doing a certain amount of prints per month then they should be rewarded with a slightly lower click charge but on the other hand is if a customer is doing slightly more coverage then they should have to pay a little more??

Cheers

Rich

johnny chimpo

posted on 30/6/13 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
i've very quickly made you something up, but it would require you to populate the matrix manually. drop me a u2u with your email and I will send it over. In the meantime I will have a better think about it, I sort of misunderstood what you were looking for.

Cheers....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.