Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bedford Autodrome GT Circuit.......any good for 7's??
Rob Bartley

posted on 12/7/13 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Bedford Autodrome GT Circuit.......any good for 7's??

Got the possibilty of doing Bedford GT circuit on Monday, but not sure if it is just a big, flat, long featureless experience??

What are people's thoughts? The Procomp LA Gold now has a Nissan SR20DET engine literally shoehorned into it, courtesy of my good mate Duncan Grier Power level is guestimated to be around 210-220 bhp.

Got out in the car for the first time in almost 4 and a half years at a Blyton track day on Saturday! Forgotten how much fun it is, couldn't stop grinning and want more. Considering the SR20DET is a big ol'lump, the overall balance of the car is still remarkable and because we ran lowish boost, felt almost like an N/A but with more mid-range.....awesome!

Anyways......is it worth doing the GT circuit?

Cheers in advance, Rob.

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

jeffw

posted on 12/7/13 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Bedford is great fun but, and it is a big but, they are very tight on noise.

Rob Bartley

posted on 12/7/13 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the heads up Jeff.......the SR20DET can hardly be heard when watching from the sides, so hopefully should be fine.

I WILL get out again!!

pekwah1

posted on 12/7/13 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've done bedford a few times now in different cars (mainly jap turbo wagons).
It's a great circuit for newbies as it's quite hard to crash there, and believe me i tried!

As for in a 7 i couldn't tell you, but there were 7s when i've been on track there, you'll find there's quite a mix.

I would recommend it as a good track, a couple of nice straights for some speed and a good mix of different corners.

Hope this helps!

Rob Bartley

posted on 12/7/13 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers pekwah1

I WILL get out again!!

mark chandler

posted on 12/7/13 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Great fun, you can slam into the bends without danger of hitting anything so flat out everywhere.

Petrol stations a couple of miles away.

Just watch the induction noise if a BEC

stevebubs

posted on 12/7/13 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
From memory, the GT circuit is a little big...there is a smaller, tighter handling track that is fantastic for sevens...
bi22le

posted on 12/7/13 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Im going on 27th and am looling forward to it. I wanted to go some where faster so I can stretch the skrikers legs. Also I want to find the limits of the car and that needs space!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

froggy

posted on 12/7/13 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
If its the full gt course then it can be a bit long if you don't have a lot of power. I did it last August on a scorching day and had a great time , plenty of room and nothing hard if you come off

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

bowood14

posted on 12/7/13 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
As said very tight on noise, I passed all the tests but still got pulled in had to spend most of the time at half throttle. Also as said Great track though
rodgling

posted on 12/7/13 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Im going on 27th and am looling forward to it. I wanted to go some where faster so I can stretch the skrikers legs. Also I want to find the limits of the car and that needs space!!!

Cool, see you there Bi22le. I've finally got my car set up properly with decent tyres all round so looking forward to trying Bedford again - last time my setup was not very good and I blew up an engine with a money shift :-( So should have a better time this time round :-)

I've been there once before, it's a very safe track with loads of run-off. As previously mentioned, they are really tight on noise so bring an exhaust silencer thingy just in case.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.