Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Red Bull Replacement
Daddylonglegs

posted on 16/7/13 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Red Bull Replacement

Well, looks like the suspicion was right for Vettel's replacement: "Ricciardo set for Red Bull test drive". I wonder how much input Mr One Finger has in the final decision then?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

mookaloid

posted on 16/7/13 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
That's a shame - I think Raikonnen would have taught Mr One Finger a lesson or two in losing - a lesson he badly needs.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

snakebelly

posted on 17/7/13 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
Kimmy was never going to get the seat, can you imagine his reaction to being told to pull over and let his team mate go past............
Daddylonglegs

posted on 17/7/13 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Kimmy was never going to get the seat, can you imagine his reaction to being told to pull over and let his team mate go past............

Exactly! That's why KR would never get the seat. But I can always hope I'm wrong....

mds167

posted on 17/7/13 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Red Bull Junior Team driver Antionio Felix da Costa will the Red Bull drive on Wednesday and Carlos Sainz Jr will drive on Thursday but let's face it, Ricciardo is the shoe-in.

Ricciardo will also test the Toro Rosso, as will Carlos Sainz Jr.

Will Sauber have enough money to put petrol in the tank?

Has Lotus had (or still to receive, depending on press releases) a big enough cash injection to develop the car and pay Kimi?

Will Marussia falter with the defection of Pat Symonds to Williams?

Got to love Formula One - sometimes more fun off track than on!

"No, you can't lick the system; but you can give it a damn good fondling."

dan8400

posted on 17/7/13 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Well, looks like the suspicion was right for Vettel's replacement: "Ricciardo set for Red Bull test drive". I wonder how much input Mr One Finger has in the final decision then?

Sorry to be picky but I think you mean Webber replacement. I really wish Vettel would go away though.

Thanks
Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 17/7/13 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan8400
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs

Sorry to be picky but I think you mean Webber replacement. I really wish Vettel would go away though.

Thanks
Dan

Oooops! Good spot I meant Vettel's team mate Doh!

CNHSS1

posted on 17/7/13 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I think you'll find that Ricciardo can test the Red Bull as he will have consent from torro rosso, Kimi cant, even if they wanted him to, simply as hes contracted elsewhere and no way Lotus would release him for a red bull test until season end.

I don't think the driver choice is over by a long shot.

ricciardos good, as is Sainz Jr, but given the profile that having Kimi and 'Fingers' in the same team would give, I doubt its over. Ferrari have long run a number 1 and journeyman policy, but that's not to say every team does.

Red Bull is in it for marketing not car sales, such as McLaren, Merc, Fezza, etc, so what fills column inches and webpages with the red bull brand name is of great significance imho

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

sdh2903

posted on 17/7/13 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Sauber have signed a deal with some wealthy Russians and will have a new Russian kid driving for them next year. So they will have plenty of roubles for petrol. Apparently they were pretty close to going under.
mds167

posted on 17/7/13 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
Sauber have signed a deal with some wealthy Russians and will have a new Russian kid driving for them next year. So they will have plenty of roubles for petrol. Apparently they were pretty close to going under.

Another pay driver - let's hope this one has some talent.

I can only presume VDG brings some money to Caterham otherwise why not bring back Heikki K?

And now Ecclestone has been indicted. The Germans have either got a really solid case or money to burn.

"No, you can't lick the system; but you can give it a damn good fondling."

sdh2903

posted on 17/7/13 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
The kid in question is currently only 17 and is racing in formula Renault 3.5 and is 8th in the rankings. Not even eligible for a super license without winning the championship.

Seems a shame that you have to have millionaire/billionaire backers to get anywhere in f1, seems talent isnt enough

James

posted on 17/7/13 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
This is not garantee of Ricciardo getting the drive at all.

Kimi will be busy at the test- either driving for Lotus or drinking somewhere.

RB have plenty of money to recruit Kimi and he's also seen as 'cool' unlike Vettel. Very much he suits the RB brand. Would he want the job with all the associated marketing work is more the question! That was why he left Mclaren- too much time had to be spent brown-nosing the sponsors!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.