Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Unusual bike
MikeCapon

posted on 20/7/13 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Unusual bike

I get a fair few bikes, cars, quads and sidecars in the workshop.

Here's last nights visitor which I thought the connoisseurs amongst you may like to see. Built in 1987 the bike features a frame built in two halves and a home made injection system which works to this day. An impressive build from a guy working in his shed.

www.shock-factory.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 20/7/13 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Very interesting bike, thanks for posting.

I hope business is booming, I quite often see your name and company mentioned in the bike mags.

MikeCapon

posted on 20/7/13 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mike. Business is good thanks. At last the sun's shining and I'm on 12+ hours a day. Pleased to say that our reputation is good. Oddly enough 99% of our work comes from forums.

No advertising needed = lower costs = lower prices = happy customer = no advertising needed. Long may it continue.

www.shock-factory.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Werner Van Loock

posted on 20/7/13 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Looks nice, but as i don't know much about bikes, where's the rear suspension?

http://www.clubstylus.be

JoelP

posted on 20/7/13 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I love the way that you imply that working 12 hours a day is good! Maybe it is in the right job

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Dualist

posted on 20/7/13 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know who the builder of the frame and tank at all.? Looks very 'Harris' to me, could have been a one off by them.

Rotary build coming soon...

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
I recently discovered that pigs can p i s s sideways when being transported

MikeCapon

posted on 21/7/13 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hi and thanks for the comments.

Werner. The rear shock is not on the bike as I'm going to be building that on Monday. The two pushrods on the swingarm feed up to a single rocker arm and the shock is then installed vertically between the other end of the rocker and the swingarm in the same axis as the swingarm pivot. Very similar to an inboard setup on a 7 or other car.

Joel. This is a very seasonal business. The winters are very quiet so it is very much a case of making hay while the sun is shining. And yes I do love what I do.

Dualist. The builder was there. Those are his feet you can see in the black espadrilles. He'd have been in his early 20s when he built the bike. He lives about 15 miles away from me. Oddly enough its the only bike he's ever built. And yes, it does bear some resemblance to the early Harris chassis. Lots of straight largish dia tube is fairly distinctive. The tank(s) again he made himself from 0.6mm steel welded with oxy-acetylene. The front tank is the oil for the dry sump. Not that easy but a beautiful job.

Cheers,

Mike

www.shock-factory.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.