Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Design Concept
Carbonman

posted on 24/7/13 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
MikeR, from a visual perspective that could well work but as far as aero goes the "sharp" edge is better.

[Edited on 24/7/13 by Carbonman]

Carbon Copies Ltd

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
theduck

posted on 24/7/13 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Liking that most recent version. Needs big power to pull off the look though
Carbonman

posted on 24/7/13 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Liking that most recent version. Needs big power to pull off the look though

Cheers, getting there slowly I think. The car it is for is currently running a Rover V8 but I think the owner has plans to fit something a bit more modern. Still a V8 but something from across the pond I believe.

Carbon Copies Ltd

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Carbonman

posted on 25/7/13 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback and comments/suggestions over the last few days.

Managed to get the last bits on the model finished interior, exhaust etc before the client arrived today for a look.
Meeting went well and the client was pretty happy, didn't even request/suggest any changes. Got the green light to start on the full scale version once workload allows. As a bonus I received a phone call from the editor of Complete Kit Car magazine who want's to run an article on the project. So all in all not a bad day.

Thanks again.

Carbon Copies Ltd

cjwood23

posted on 26/7/13 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Looks really good.
Let us know how it progresses.

Chris

wylliezx9r

posted on 26/7/13 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
If the bodywork is designed to fit the Haynes roadster I would be interested, dependant on price of course.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

mcg

posted on 26/7/13 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
really like it. There are a million ways to do something like this and I think your way works really well. Will be interested to follow your progress. Good luck.
loggyboy

posted on 26/7/13 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Further to the outrigger suggested early by someone.

Design Idea
Design Idea

Mistral Motorsport

daveb666

posted on 26/7/13 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carbonman
Just wanted to say thank you for the feedback and comments/suggestions over the last few days.

Managed to get the last bits on the model finished interior, exhaust etc before the client arrived today for a look.
Meeting went well and the client was pretty happy, didn't even request/suggest any changes. Got the green light to start on the full scale version once workload allows. As a bonus I received a phone call from the editor of Complete Kit Car magazine who want's to run an article on the project. So all in all not a bad day.

Thanks again.

Hi Warren,

looking forward to meeting you on Monday Don't drop the model before then

rdodger

posted on 26/7/13 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Design Idea
Design Idea

That's beginning to look like a Morgan.

Carbonman

posted on 26/7/13 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Design Idea
Design Idea

That's beginning to look like a Morgan.

Exactly what I was trying to avoid

Carbon Copies Ltd

Carbonman

posted on 26/7/13 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
quote:
Originally posted by Carbonman

Thanks again.

Hi Warren,

looking forward to meeting you on Monday Don't drop the model before then

Ha Ha. Likewise, have a good weekend in the Lakes and see you Monday.
Oh and hope all goes smooooooothly Monday morning

Warren

[Edited on 26/7/13 by Carbonman]

Carbon Copies Ltd

Carbonman

posted on 26/7/13 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cjwood23
Looks really good.
Let us know how it progresses.

Thank's. Will do

Warren

Carbon Copies Ltd

Carbonman

posted on 27/7/13 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Had requests from people wondering how the model would look with a full cage fitted, so here you are. I know it's not FIA Spec ( it is actually 5mm threaded rod covered in electrical shrink sleeving) but hopefully you get the idea.
Description
Description
Description
Description

[Edited on 27/7/13 by Carbonman]

Carbon Copies Ltd

unijacko67

posted on 27/7/13 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
That looks awesome, do you make the real thing now in carbon.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Carbonman

posted on 27/7/13 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67
That looks awesome, do you make the real thing now in carbon.

Watch this space

Keep looking at your project (looking very good if I may say so) and thinking those arches would look good in Plain Weave CF

Warren

Carbon Copies Ltd

unijacko67

posted on 27/7/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, Your design seemed to transform with the added carbon running boards and rear splitter. I wondered about my whole shell in carbon, but that would have to wait as setting it up now is my main job.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Carbonman

posted on 27/7/13 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Your location says North West, where about's. I am in Todmorden so we may not be a million miles apart.

Carbon Copies Ltd

unijacko67

posted on 27/7/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'm near Carnforth close to M6 j35, I would love to see some parts being made, the first time I saw infusion on you tube I was well impressed.

Carbonman

posted on 27/7/13 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Your welcome to pop in if you ever fancy it. I am usually there from 6am until it goes dark seven days a week. Or you could always come on one of the courses I run

Carbon Copies Ltd

unijacko67

posted on 27/7/13 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, sounds a good excuse for a run out in the kitten, busy work load for the next few weeks. Thanks.

Carbonman

posted on 2/8/13 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
The floods on Monday left me with quite a bit of damaged equipment the Curing Oven being the main thing. So whilst things are being repaired or replaced I thought I may as well make a start on the full scale version as this only requires the use of hand tools. Built the basic shapes using Ply and MDF. Covered that in 25mm Kingspan. Then applied two layers of 450grm CSM. Next is to start skimming with "bog" and building the detail.
Description
Description
Description
Description

Description
Description
Description
Description

[Edited on 2/8/13 by Carbonman]

Carbon Copies Ltd

omega0684

posted on 2/8/13 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'm intrigued about the carbon floor pan! Would it be a Kevlar weave for added strength?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

Carbonman

posted on 2/8/13 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
The Floor will be 2 Layers Carbon - 1 Layer Kevlar - 10mm Closed Cell Foam - 2 Layers E-Glass

The Splitter and Side Skirts will be 2 Layers Carbon - 3mm Closed Cell Foam - 2 Layers E-Glass

Carbon Copies Ltd

Fred W B

posted on 3/8/13 at 05:54 AM Reply With Quote
Man you pro's make it look easy!

Looking forward to follow the progress

Regards

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.