Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: visiting seattle. things to see?
sdh2903

posted on 8/8/13 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
visiting seattle. things to see?

I've been put on a training course in Seattle with work. I'm going to be out there for 7 weeks starting early september.

Having never even been to the states before does anyone have any places that I should have on my to-do list? Places to go? Places to eat? I will have the weekends to myself so travelling around a bit is fine. Want to try and make the most of my time there.

Cheers
Steve

Sloan85

posted on 8/8/13 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Space Needle is pretty cool as well as well as Pike Place Market - You have to check out the guys who throw the fish to each other... amazing. The first ever Starbucks is just down the road from there too.

Food wise, theres an awesome looking burger place called Red Mill Burgers that was on Man vs Food. We drove there from Redmond when we visited my gf's parents only to find out it was closed Mondays so didn't get a chance to try it. Will do this christmas though. Definitely check it out if you can. My girlfriend always goes on about a steak restaurant called Daniels which is expensive but supposed to be amazing. It's in the 21st floor so you get a good view if the city while having dinner. Again, I will be going there at Christmas.

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

turnipfarmer

posted on 8/8/13 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Boeing factory?
sdh2903

posted on 8/8/13 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turnipfarmer
Boeing factory?

Yep sure is

Burgers and steaks sound good. Hope the hotel has a gym or I maybe a little larger on my return.

daveb666

posted on 8/8/13 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
Originally posted by turnipfarmer
Boeing factory?

Yep sure is

Burgers and steaks sound good. Hope the hotel has a gym or I maybe a little larger on my return.

Did Route 66 in November last year, was there 3 weeks and put on half a stone (I was only 12 stone wet to begin with!)

GonzoRacer

posted on 8/8/13 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve-
Sorry, I can't help "directly" with Seattle, since I'm diagonally across the continent from there... However, you should consider signing up on the USA locost site (www.locostUSA.com) and chatting with a couple of our members from that area. SeattleTom is a really nice guy, as well as several others. Look up "Tom’s Car9 – LS3 Build" in the builder's log section. I bet he can help with local advice.

I hope you enjoy your stay in the US!
Regards-
JDK

"And it wasn't even a full moon."

iank

posted on 8/8/13 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
There's some interesting public art in Fremont, including the only statue of Lenin in the states, the troll and the rocket.
There's also the first ever Starbucks if you want to say you've been there.

Buses are a cheap and easy way to get around.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

benny_toe

posted on 9/8/13 at 04:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,

I'm rather new to the Seattle area so I might not be the best person to give advice about what to see. You have already been given some good spots.

Email if you are interested in meeting up with a state side Locost builder getting off the tourist path.

Larry in Seattle

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sdh2903

posted on 9/8/13 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the suggestions, larry expect an email in the near future!
benny_toe

posted on 10/8/13 at 02:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Steve,

My email address is in my profile.

Where is your training being held?

Larry in Seattle

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GonzoRacer

posted on 10/8/13 at 04:16 AM Reply With Quote
Good on ya, Larry! Show him that fiberglass work you've been doing!

Thanks for stepping up!

JDK

"And it wasn't even a full moon."

Alan B

posted on 13/8/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
There is a cracking curry place in Redmond...lunch buffet is excellent.....I'll find out what it was called if you are interested.
The whole area is really nice and scenic....weather is very much like England (i.e. mostly sh*te)...you'll enjoy it

Alan (ex England, then Florida...now in NC)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.