Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What build diary/pics are needed?
Rob55

posted on 20/8/13 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
What build diary/pics are needed?

Does the IVA man expect a build diary and detailed photos and if so what am I expected to put in it? I couldn't see anything in the manual about this but have heard people mention it in passing. Is it definitely required? Any examples I could follow?
loggyboy

posted on 20/8/13 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
I dont think its a specfic requirement, but its in case theres any places he cannot see (ie a fully enclosed riveted tunnel) just to prove you have secured the pipes, loom etc adequately.
I think its more for the DVLA that the photos are useful, to prove the stripped parts of your donor were removed from the donor, and that you made the car (to declare as an amatuer build).

For example an imported car would not have a build diary, but would still require IVA to be registered.

[Edited on 20-8-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Rob55

posted on 20/8/13 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Ah - so is it actually for registration the diary is needed? Do you know where the guidance is to show me what I'm supposed to be keeping?

I am going for a new reg, so want to keep myself right!

daveb666

posted on 20/8/13 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
I took a disc of photos to my IVA test, they were never asked for.

I included a disc full of build photos for the DVLA application, the CD was returned un-opened as I had sealed the case on purpose.

loggyboy

posted on 20/8/13 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob55
Ah - so is it actually for registration the diary is needed? Do you know where the guidance is to show me what I'm supposed to be keeping?

I am going for a new reg, so want to keep myself right!

I wouldnt worry too much about photos, take some general build photos, and as I say anywhere that is enclose, just in case.
For DVLA registration the most important things you need are reciepts, specfically of the main items, chassis, engine, suspension, etc etc. and if you using the one 'reconditioned to as new' part you, need a reciept for that too.

Mistral Motorsport

40inches

posted on 20/8/13 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
I took a disc of photos to my IVA test, they were never asked for.

I included a disc full of build photos for the DVLA application, the CD was returned un-opened as I had sealed the case on purpose.

Same here, the disk was still sealed when it was sent back from VOSA/IVA. I think it's a case that if you don't send them they will need to see them

Acc8braman

posted on 20/8/13 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
In terms of Pics, do you really need to be in the pictures themselves?

I bought my kit part built so only have a receipt for that and someone else finished it off for me!?!?

Will I have problems with the pics I have with me not in them?

rb968

posted on 20/8/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I also sent photos off on CD and printed and no idea if they looked at them

However I took the printed ones with me to the IVA test itself where they came in handy to show the tester the mounting points for the seatbelts in the tunnel and how they were welded etc. Otherwise might have meant pulling more panels off.

So if you have photos of any inaccessible welds or mounts then might not be a bad idea.

Rich

40inches

posted on 20/8/13 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Acc8braman
In terms of Pics, do you really need to be in the pictures themselves?

I bought my kit part built so only have a receipt for that and someone else finished it off for me!?!?

Will I have problems with the pics I have with me not in them?

I wasn't on any of them, but it was obvious that it was in a domestic garage. However, as I said, they didn't even look at them, probably too much hassle to view them on a PC.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.