Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Fail, but not too bad ?
AndyW

posted on 23/8/13 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
IVA Fail, but not too bad ?

Hi all,

Well here is a post I didn't want to write. Had IVA today at Leighton Buzzard, and I have to say, Doug is a top bloke.

Failed on:
My poor attempt at trim around headlight bracket, didn't look too good or permanent - Easy fix
O/S/F Suspension mount needed a bit more trim (Simply missed it) - Easy Fix
Front sierra caliper's failed radius on edge where the hose goes is, need to attach some sort of cover - Easy ish fix
Gear Knob - Shite. Need a simple round one, mine had indents on it which failed radius of 3.2mm - new know
Mirror stems need a bit of heat shrink around the top bit (Will picture to show)

So all in all, a very nerve racking experience, but made to feel very welcome, and looking back a really good experience.

ONLY DOWN SIDE IS WHILST LOADING BACK ONTO TRAILER ALL MY GEARBOX OIL APPEARED. I assume that when hooning it around the car park, doug the tester driving me holding on rather tight, the type 9 box rear oil seal gave up on me.

So here we go again, back out into the garage tonight lol.

[Edited on 23/8/13 by AndyW]

adithorp

posted on 23/8/13 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Not a bad fail.

Especially considering your post last week, almost cancelling the test 'cos it wasn't going to be ready.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

theduck

posted on 23/8/13 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Not a bad fail, though how did your caliper fail a radius test? Surely it's in an exempt area and or covered by the wheel?
AndyW

posted on 23/8/13 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Not a bad fail, though how did your caliper fail a radius test? Surely it's in an exempt area and or covered by the wheel?

Photo's to follow.......

Bumble

posted on 23/8/13 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
I saw you on your way home going round the One O One Roundabout in Flitwick with Car on trailer - looked very smart!!
Not a bad fail at all and seem simple fixes. Bummer about the gearbox oil though......and yes Doug is a top blole but very "Sharp" (sorry) on his radius tests. Failed me on gear lever surround and rear reflector radiuses!!
Good luck....soon be on the road!!

AndyW

posted on 23/8/13 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bumble
I saw you on your way home going round the One O One Roundabout in Flitwick with Car on trailer - looked very smart!!
Not a bad fail at all and seem simple fixes. Bummer about the gearbox oil though......and yes Doug is a top blole but very "Sharp" (sorry) on his radius tests. Failed me on gear lever surround and rear reflector radiuses!!
Good luck....soon be on the road!!

So that's who "bibbed" me lol..

Thanks for the kind comments, what got me most excited is that we ragged it round his car park and it the first time I have actually driven the car!!!

carlknight1982

posted on 23/8/13 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
Spot on Andy

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

scudderfish

posted on 23/8/13 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Better the seal popped now than 10 miles after you've passed doing 60 down a twisty A road putting lubricant under your rear tyres

Taking a step back, everything on that list is easy compared to what you've already done, and you will only be tested on those points; second time around will be a quick verification.

big_wasa

posted on 23/8/13 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
So another ford zetec with oem ecu passes its iva emissions test

Other bits are easy but the gearbox seal is a pain.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.