Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Would I build another mnr
amalyos

posted on 7/9/13 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Well Marc, that's your Saturday morning wasted replying to a pointless post.

Great response, and typical of a good supplier.

Hope you didn't waste time on getting the engine in for Donington

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

RichardK

posted on 7/9/13 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for giving us MNR's point of view, I was hoping for a slightly more detailed answer, so put a bit more effort into it next time will you

Take care mate , and hope you and the family are well.

Cheers

R

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mr T

posted on 7/9/13 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amalyos
Well Marc, that's your Saturday morning wasted replying to a pointless post.

Great response, and typical of a good supplier.

Hope you didn't waste time on getting the engine in for Donington

Cheers Stephen would you still think it was pointless if the boot was on the other foot

daniel mason

posted on 7/9/13 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
its a tough one this,and you must feel everyone is getting at you. but this is not the case from me anyway. i feel for you,if you were un aware of the costs mounting up.
but id imagine you didnt realise at the time that all those faults on your car were present? if they had charged you £500 but not rectified the faults and had a huge fail list after iva. what would you have said then?
as i said, if you have any issues with mnr then maybe a call to them would be a better way to aoid any hard feeling, as id imagine there will be a time when you may need bits from them again. and hopefully once your car is sorted you will get some real enjoyment out of it! they are a great car and great fun to drive! good luck with it

mr T

posted on 7/9/13 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Marc

1. Front top wishbones where the wrong way round ( no castor )removal of all front suspension and refit
2. Steering rack gaiter holes not large enough in body so rack fouled in lock-enlarged
3. Electric current draw even, when switched off ( fitted a master switch to try and solve temporarily )
4. Fog light wiring incompatible with iva test requirements-autoelectrician rewire
5. Leaking front brake t-piece -replaced
6. Incorrectly bled rear brakes –full rebleed necessary
7. Hazard switch rear relay block broken and super glued on ( latching switch got stuck )
8. Hazards not wired in accordance to iva requirements –autoelectrician rewire
9. Loose connections on rear side lights ( intermittent side light operation )-repaired
10. Immobiliser not Iva compliant-Thatcham fitted
11. Insufficient fixing of wiring under dash-rectified
12. Bias bar adjuster not adjusting freely needed to be greased-rectified
13. Both upright retaining bolts and spacers where incorrectly fitted and damaged-replaced and refitted
14. Lack of grease in front wheel bearings –would have led to bearing failure-rectified
15. Rear top wishbones to uprights had incorrect spacing and fixing-rectified
16. Rear shockers incorrectly spaced and fouling body-rectified
17. Handbrake cables incorrectly routed and rubbing on wheel-rectified
18. Roll over valve fitted inline in the wrong direction-dangerous-rectified
19. Handbrake compensation quadrant not adjusted correctly ( low hand brake effort on brake rollers at local mot station ) tunnel glued and screwed in place near seat fixings so tunnel removal not possible-rectified at the workshop prior to retest
20. Retest promise undertaken even though i had to drop my partner at the hospital , pending imminent 2nd child arrival! i drove 2 hrs for the retest, i was at the station for 1 3/4 hours and then a had 2 hour return journey, all of this whilst my partner was in labour alone at hospital. So Mr T could get his car back as soon as possible ( i think this alone goes a long way to demonstrate our commitment to customer care )
21. Power commander was demonstrated not working- customer was with me for 2 hours ( not charged for time ,as we tried to redo emissions )
22. Spent 1 hr on phone to Daytuner and dynojet to try reset customer supplied faulty power commander
23. Power commander was the older type with a short earth lead, so tried to extend as per dynojet recommendation-not charged
24. Power commander hidden under dash and wiring was hidden in tunnel and virtually impossible to reach
25. New power commander fitted and setup for iva ( second trip to Daytuner necessary for power map, as there is an extra throttle site point in the newer power commanders )
26. Customer visited 4 times and was given updates each time
27. we also had numerous phone calls from him
28. He was given the opportunity to fix the issues himself, at our work to save money-but instructed us to proceed
29. Exhaust was blowing -rectified –not charged
30. Full tracking and camber setup- ride heights adjusted ( but car has not done enough miles to fully setup )-as instructed

Before

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/wizzer_photo/image.jpg

After

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/wizzer_photo/image-1.jpg

Please make your own minds up on this but it looks exactly the same to me

2 maybe there wasn't enough clearance but it looks like no care and effort has been applied
3 no don't think so you fitted that to act as an immobiliser but it faild iva at a cost of £240
4 no all my wiring was completed by a fully skilled auto electrician
5 don't think so and if it was why would it be replaced
6 no they were fully bled
7 not by me maybe your spark broke it
8 they were
9 as number 4
10 as number 3
11 no it was all fixed and tie warped to the scuttle tube
12 it was working but you move the knob from under the scuttle to on the top
13 looks exactly the same now as it did before I could post pics
14 there was that much grease in them that for weeks later the dust seals kept creeping out
15 looks the Same as before
16 no that's the same to
17 no that's in exactly the same place with the same tie wraps that I fitted
18 I fitted this as to let air out of the tank but wouldn't let fuel out that's the way I thought right or wrong
19 no I've had the tunnel out to fix the revers box and there's nothing changed there
20 I'm very sorry if you missed the birth of your child but Chris did say the test could get canceled
And wasn't it more the case that Chris wanted his cash and workshop space
21 true
22 true
23 we fixed this together
24 no power commander was on top of the ally panel under the sutle to the front the other end was connected to the throttle body's
25 true
26 I visited once and was never given updates when I did ring to see how things were going I was told every thing was ok and it didn't need a lot doing to it ,the day it failed I called and Marc was on his way back I was talking to Wes he told me there wasn't much that needed doing and it was a good build
27 yes I called because you never called me
28 no never came up as I was told there wasn't much wrong
29 it never had a exhaust on the car you fitted that for me so I'm stumped by that
30 true but I was never told the car hasn't done enough miles

Full set up and corner weights never happened so I've been overcharged
I was never given the option to do the work myself as I was told there wasn't much wrong
I asked for costs to collect and deliver my car and that is what I payed
As for issues passing emissions due to removal of ais system and modifications this was done by your selfs for David Phillips even though Chris told me he never suplyed this engine I have a full receipt given to me from David that he got of mnr and on it it states breather mod work had been carried out by mnr, i rang and spoke to Chris when they had my car and he told me there was a problem it would cost £250 my engine needed a modification doing to it to help it breath , it told him it had been done already and he said ok onlif your sure , I am sure I've seen the mod and the bill
Well say no more about Paul's car

Thanks tony

[Edited on 7/9/13 by mr T]

mr T

posted on 7/9/13 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
its a tough one this,and you must feel everyone is getting at you. but this is not the case from me anyway. i feel for you,if you were un aware of the costs mounting up.
but id imagine you didnt realise at the time that all those faults on your car were present? if they had charged you £500 but not rectified the faults and had a huge fail list after iva. what would you have said then?
as i said, if you have any issues with mnr then maybe a call to them would be a better way to aoid any hard feeling, as id imagine there will be a time when you may need bits from them again. and hopefully once your car is sorted you will get some real enjoyment out of it! they are a great car and great fun to drive! good luck with it

Cheers Daniel
I do love the car and just hope I never need any bits , I didn't want to post any more up on this but I couldn't leave it at that I'm not saying my car was perfect but I was never told any different and after iva I just thought happy days I don't have to deal with mnr (Chris) any more but the handling was rubbish and I posted on ere and the rest is history
Tony

daniel mason

posted on 7/9/13 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
i think the cars need time to settle down. bed in suspension etc.
once this is done. id take it to procomp for a full setup as shocks wont be properly valved for application so adjustments wont work identically. they will sort this out and transform the car. you do actually here nothing bad said about procomp (EVER)

[Edited on 7/9/13 by daniel mason]

gavin174

posted on 7/9/13 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
maybe its just me...
but WTF...

Before

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/wizzer_photo/image.jpg

After

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss256/wizzer_photo/image-1.jpg

you might as well post a pic of a tomato and an elephant...
I am sorry you feel like you have been treated badly by MNR..
I have never bought anything from them, but have always been made more than welcome at thier bbq etc.

If you have a problem with a company speak to them, dont sound off on a public forum.

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

daniel mason

posted on 7/9/13 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
bit harsh that. i think he was refering to the fact that the wishbones were correct before it went to factory. so apple and elephant?
anyway no need to fall out on here.so good luck to op in his kit ownership and all all the best to mnr in the future!
ps mr T. youve done very well to bite your tongue so far. id have exploded a long time ago!

[Edited on 7/9/13 by daniel mason]

gavin174

posted on 7/9/13 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
sorry..

I didnt see the connection between the two photos...

appologies to Mr T.

but if you post a thread like this, surely you must expect people to reply.

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

daniel mason

posted on 7/9/13 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
people have replied but its tough as you can see both halves of the story! hes entitled to his opinion if he feels hard done by,but on the other hand mnr have a good name and i for one would not hesitate to use them again. even if i need help on my current car (which is a radical and not an mnr) i would call them first as my service,help,and beer has been first class up to now from them!

mr T

posted on 7/9/13 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gavin174
sorry..

I didnt see the connection between the two photos...

appologies to Mr T.

but if you post a thread like this, surely you must expect people to reply.

Cheers Gavin apology accepted

marc n

posted on 7/9/13 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
promised myself i wouldn't get dragged into this however...

We iva on average 2 / 3 cars a month. Some cars require lots of work some don't, so each car is different, so you can only give an indication as to cost as you initially inspect the car, and yes we do find sometimes hidden pitfalls as we delve deeper but we always let the customer know before hand without exception, and when there are serious issues we always offer the option ( which many have taken the opportunity ) for the customer to fix themselves.

1. i didn't do all the work on your car however i do the ground work and fault finding when i checked your car it had positive caster whereas norm is 3.9 neg caster the only way this can happen is either the top wishbone is the wrong way round or lower wishbone fitted to wrong side .
2. not sure??? why ??????... done with a die grinder and template ???
3. why was a current draw evident when a multimeter was placed on the battery ??? possibly bad earths ??? ;- ) i cant take the chance im there for a test no second chances, if anything is in doubt i don't take that chance, as it costs the customer more money and me more time. its in both our interests for a car to pass first time
4. please feel free to take a picture of the underside of the dash to show the crows nest and let people make their own mind up.
5. because it had been cross threaded
6. A std brake pedal does not have that kind of travel. yes the brakes worked but even the slightest leak which you had over the duration of a journey would have resulted in no reserve travel on the pedal and as it was at the maximum before the piston bottomed out.
7. pressed the button to check hazard operation and it stuck. hazard switch was so close to radius of scuttle ( incorrect choice of positioning ) i can see how it broke on installation . i removed scuttle to see copious amounts of glue and i could only remove switch by cutting just above main terminal block with a hacksaw.
8. ?????? ( copied and pasted from the current iva manual :- Hazard Warning Lights;
Must operate with the ignition switched on and off.
The hazard warning device must operate all of the direction indicators
simultaneously
The hazard warning device must have a telltale warning light (see note 1)

9. intermittent fault ( found due to the fact the barbs of the connector where not fully engaged in the outer housing ) when i checked the other pins it looked like they had been removed after initial fit ?? they have a barb to locate them in the housing and the barbs where only just proud of the terminal.

10. you had the Yamaha key and barrel however they would not accept as there was no documentary evidence to support as the setup is no longer in a bike. please feel free to ring the Iva station to clarify this point

11. please see 4

12. didnt turn so came off the end of the bias assembly when i tried more force ( had to be moved as its a contactable radius ) surely the fact it rubbed on your kneecap when sat in the car is not great ???

13. when spaced correctly a shocker does not rest on the washers that are further away than the side spacer its supposed to work on

14. not disputing there wasn't grease evident . however copious amounts of sun cream on my leg doesn't stop my nose from burning

15. refer to 13 :-)
16. part of 15 and 13 all part of the same assembly
17. when running at correct ride height and shocker is correctly spaced when going through bump it gets closer to body
18. that is how it should work but however that wasn't the case as removal of fuel filler cap to fit the cap tether indicated a vacuum in the tank so valve got rotated 180 degrees and was never an issue again
19. ?????#
20. that certainly was not the case. and to be fair i should have put my foot down and said no.. but a small business builds itself on a reputation and the ability to deliver so i accept half of the blame for that scenario as i wanted you to be a happy customer with his car ready to go on the road ( and trust me Ive had more ear ache from my other half and my family than any customer has ever given me ) thank god the rule of second child is delivered quickly after going into labour was wrong in this case !!!!!!!!!!!!! feel free to ask Beverly test station for an affidavit as to how twitchy i was
21. no comment needed other than in true business sense all time must be accounted for and charged. fail on my part for being kind it would appear
22. as above and Damien didn't charge either fail on his part
23. yes we both worked on it ( but hang on you only visited once so cant of happened ) 21 / 22 / 23 happened all in the same day and yet you visited and spoke to wez however i wasn't there that day the only reason i remember is i had to wrack my brain when i returned to work to be told a customer who is a trades man came to visit
24. power commander was under dash ( my fault kind of expected it under the engine bay ) so i ordered one..... however i fucked up and ordered the wrong year :-) according to our notes and log on that kit it had an 07 engine so wrongly presumed that's what it was. however after ordering i spoke to you on the phone and was told of location so sent it back. then discovered that infact it was an earlier engine so had to order a different power commander ( can show parcel mandates to substantiate )
26. im sorry but that is so not true and you know its not !!!!!!!!!!!. Perhaps the thing that upsets me most out of all of this is the lack of truth on your side . If we have made mistakes with the car ( which i honestly know we haven't ), if Ive actively acted against your best interests ( which i know i haven't ) and if i had lied to you ( which i know i haven't ) i would look at ways to resolve this problem amicably
27.you have said you never had any communication ???
28. You where fully aware of the issues , and where given the option of come and fix it yourself at our premises to save transportation costs money etc. However you declined !!! im not sure there are many places where you can book a car in for a list of work at an agreed price, the garage finds problems and gives you the option to use all the facilities and for you to fix it yourself at no extra cost ?????????? however you declined said you had borrowed some money so we should proceed and you would like the car back asap.. When the power commander failed and you said you could not afford a retest we offered to deliver the car back ( cost of diesel again ) and told you a six month grace period is granted before it needed a full test
29. sorry should have been more specific it was both the blanked off ais port pipes and one tube on the collector ( basically any air leak gives false readings on rolling road and also causes loss of power due to lack of back pressure )
30. Its a std line we have that yes we can set tracking / camber / ride height and achieve a base corner weight setting ( within 20 / 30 kilos ) but the car needs to settle before proper and final adjustment can be made. and yes 20 to 30 kilos is a lot to feel and confidence.

re breather mods it is std practice on 05 onwards r1s to sort the crankcase and rocker breathers

at the end of the day i dont know how much of the car the current owner has completed or instigated himself as he is not the original purchaser, and he has outsourced certain jobs so he cant be fully held accountable for this mess. So he may have taken some of the comments personally when he is not at fault for some of the issues on the car but as he has presented it to us he feels that our findings / short comings of the car rest on his shoulders which if he hasnt fully built the car is unfair. However we are also in the difficult situation of taking over an aborted build and know nothing of the car since it was sold as a kit, so in may ways we are working blind, and all we can do is our best to try help and sort. Sadly in this case we are now being slated and having untrue and unfair statements broadcast on the www for our efforts.

And im genuinely dumbfounded about the comments ref Paul car ( the only thing i can say negative is i think the cage is to low ) if its such a bad build why did it attract so many views and compliments on our Facebook page ???

Facts are facts, but genuinely im not sure how this has evolved to this situation ??? i think maybe some of it may be trying to emphasize a point or grievance, and is a way of venting frustration of the situation he found himself in, i don't know and i can only assume this as he hasn't rung me or visited to air any of his grievances
however we have acted in the customers best interests as we always do and my way of working is prevention is always better than fire fighting hence some of the works on the car. Some of the accusations and stated fact by the owner are so far from the truth that it has not just disappointed me but really annoyed me, and makes me question why i care so much and why i shouldn't take the cold approach that every customer should just be number / statistic and a revenue stream. However despite my disappointment and disbelief right now i will continue to operate as i do. My current approach has cost me / bit me in the arse a handful of times whereas i have made many great friends / acquaintances in the last 9 years so far and that far outweighs the negatives.

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 7/9/13 at 11:59 PM Reply With Quote
apologies in relation to no. 4 forgot to paste iva bit

They must be operational
The correct number must be fitted to the vehicle (Table 1)
They must only emit a red light
The rear fog lamp(s) must only illuminate when dipped beam, main beam or front
fog lamps are lit (See Notes 3 & 4)
They must be positioned correctly to meet
a.
the positional requirements of Table 1
b.
the angles of visibility requirements of Table 1
Must be fitted with an operational “tell-tale” lamp (non-flashing) visible from the
driving position
Either the switch or tell tale must clearly indicate that operation relates to the
Rear Fog lights (see Note 1).
Must not be operated by a brake control
Fitted so that the reflector is facing squarely to the rear
An optional rear fog lamp must form a matched pair with the obligatory lamp.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mr T

posted on 8/9/13 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
The dozens of people who have pm'd me about there bad experiences cannot all be liars either, like you make me out to be .
I feel sad that somebody wants to offer a great "service" but are so " blinkered" by there own vanity and greed that they refuse to acknowledge there faults and failings
The only good that will come out of this is that peeps can now read this thread' make up there own minds' and just maybe ' you will start to treat paying customers with the truth ' honesty and respect that we all deserve .

Sorry it's turned out like this Marc I know you were only involved with the practical side' and whenever I've spoken to you ' I've always thought you to be very helpfully and sound .
Most of the grievances ( including pm's ) have been against your dad ' as already stated by some on this thread .

P.s I am so glad that you have highlighted all the faults that you have put right on my car' because when I sell it ' you can guarantee the quality of the finished product ,

Cheers Tony

[Edited on 8/9/13 by mr T]

[Edited on 8/9/13 by mr T]

big_l

posted on 8/9/13 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
In a nut shell I think this thread shows that not everyone shares mr T's opinion
And thanks to Marc taking even more time to show that clearly 99% was untrue
I have no doubt that MNR are not perfect but genuinely in the time I've been into kit cars 4 years
I've had dealings with MNR MK GBS CBS RALLY DESIGN DAYTUNER
And none of them were 100% perfect I'm afraid the kit car industry is a very small thing and the companies within it must find it hard to remain profitable and generally most companies are under staffed ! This is the economic climate we live in now I'm afraid
I know all the companies I've mentioned have all met my expectations easily and I've never had issues with anyone
But maybe that's because I cut them some slack as no ones 100% perfect .

As for Chris Nordon I can genuinely say 100% I would never have made such a move car without his help and advice !
He is a sound bloke !!!

[Edited on 8/9/13 by big_l]

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

corrado vr6

posted on 8/9/13 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry but how can you say that just because Marc has come on here and defended himself (his company) that what Mr T is saying is 99% untrue, it's still only the other side to the story and does not mean that either opinion is true, yes the reasons have been justified, but still only one word against another and only the two involved know the truth

[Edited on 8/9/13 by corrado vr6]

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

daniel mason

posted on 8/9/13 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
i too have had no issues with chris and certainly not with marc! (would be almost impossible too) but on this instance we dont know whats 'TRUE' and whats not.
if i were the o/p id call mnr and try to settle this once and for all. at least to make peace!

big_l

posted on 8/9/13 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I'm afraid your right only persons involved know the truth !
But that's why this type of thread is pointless !

marc n

posted on 8/9/13 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

The dozens of people who have pm'd me about there bad experiences cannot all be liars either, like you make me out to be . I feel sad that somebody wants to offer a great "service" but are so " blinkered" by there own vanity and greed that they refuse to acknowledge there faults and failings The only good that will come out of this is that peeps can now read this thread' make up there own minds' and just maybe ' you will start to treat paying customers with the truth ' honesty and respect that we all deserve . Sorry it's turned out like this Marc I know you were only involved with the practical side' and whenever I've spoken to you ' I've always thought you to be very helpfully and sound . Most of the grievances ( including pm's ) have been against your dad ' as already stated by some on this thread . P.s I am so glad that you have highlighted all the faults that you have put right on my car' because when I sell it ' you can guarantee the quality of the finished product ,

My final input :-

This thread you started was about your "experience " And i have replied to those points only as im not the sort of person to start trading insults . I have posted about the short comings of the car as it shows how the bill became more than the original estimate of a car that typically needs emissions and a quick check round, as the list shows in this case the car certainly needed more than this to meet iva requirements, That said a car that passes an iva is still not a fully checked car so the builder / owner has to take responsibility after that day. To put it bluntly it has passed the minimum requirements on that day to be road legal, much like an mot test it can only be guaranteed on that day to comply. So its not a guarantee and should never be the basis for someone to buy a car, and any purchaser of any car should always do their own checks and inspection to satisfy themselves.

best regards

marc

Dave W

posted on 8/9/13 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
I have read through all the comments on this thread and felt that I’d throw in my two penneth as well….

I’ll start by saying I am a very happy MNR owner, I have had two MNR’s one I bought off Daniel Mason, who I see has commented on this thread and one that was factory built by MNR for racing.

I have had nothing but positive experiences when dealing with MNR and both Chris and Marc have bent over backwards to accommodate me and both my cars when I’ve needed assistance. This ranges from basic help and advice to quick major rebuilds between races after some pretty big smashes (including rebuilding the front of my chassis and getting it ready to race within a week).

Nothing but excellent and supportive service from MNR and to finally put to rest another moronic comment on here, if either Chris or Marc were snobs, they certainly would show someone like me the time of day… so get over yourself IDIOT.

Why oh why has Mr T decided to go public on a forum with slanderous and business debilitating post like this in times of economic unrest? I too am a businessman and have to deal with many issues that I find annoying and anger me with other businesses, do I pick up the phone or arrange a meeting to sort these issues out and continue to try and build a harmonious relationship or do I take to a public forum to belittle the people who have created such a excellent car/product? I think I’d ring them up or go and see them rather than hide behind my computer…

Notwithstanding that I see Mr T has taken on the self appointed roll as the MNR complaints officer with a number of unhappy customers e-mailing him about their dissatisfaction with MNR or Chris Nordon’s abrupt business manner and whilst representing the interests of these customers thought he’d get the best air time by posting on a forum rather than dealing with the issues in person with the rest of the unsatisfied customers (who haven’t chirped up on here yet) and resolving the matters.

MNR is a small family run business which in my opinion offers a great product which can out perform many of its competitors. No small business deserves bad press that could potentially prevent future business; each customer will no doubt judge their own individual experience with MNR, most good, a few bad… if it’s bad talk to them about it, don’t right a pointless forum thread like this… There is a great saying that goes something like ‘Opinions are like arse holes, everyone’s got one but most people don’t want to see it or hear it unless asked’ a little like this thread!

I know my rant and thread is just as point less as all the other that go before it but I wanted to get on my high horse too!! Please just think people in the future before you post things like this the effect it has on the small business at the other end.

Charlie_Zetec

posted on 8/9/13 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n

My final input :-

This thread you started was about your "experience "......
I have posted about the short comings of the car as it shows how the bill became more than the original estimate......
best regards

marc

I've never had any experiences with MNR whatsoever, so can't really comment, but thought I'd paraphrase Marcs' last message;

As a GTS owner (wait for it....) I repeatedly read threads about the ups and downs of their customers. As Marc said, it's all down to personal experience of building cars and dealing with suppliers, and I'm pretty confident in saying that you can't please all of the people all of the time. As for the cost implication, I'd really like to hear from anyone who's actually prepared a budget and managed to stick to it throughout the build process!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Jon Ison

posted on 8/9/13 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
I think the paragraph copied below penned by Marc should be the last word in his thread, Marc if ever building kits or anything with wheels (which I dout it will) end then you should defiantly take up writing comedy scripts, the following qoute had me in stitches and as been securly logged in my memory bank for future use, copyright permitting.

Pure genius........

"14. not disputing there wasn't grease evident . however copious amounts of sun cream on my leg doesn't stop my nose from burning"

big_l

posted on 8/9/13 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
In afraid I'm guilty of under packing front wheel bearings I noticed when my front left wheel tried to fall off !!!

Needless to say Marc Nordon helped me out and showed me how it should be done

[Edited on 8/9/13 by big_l]

MK9R

posted on 8/9/13 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I cant praise Marc and Chris any higher, always helpful, very knowledgeable and truly committed to their product. When i was looking for a basis for the new car, i looked at virtually every manufacturer and the quality of the chassis and engineering stood out, but the main reason for going with MNR was Marc and Chris. Anything i have asked for or wanted to buy they have sorted out quickly and efficiently, and have even order and paid for stuff on their accounts (to get their trade discount) for me and charged me cost, not making a penny from it. Every other customer of MNR i have met have had nothing but positive things to say. I've invested a lot of time and money in my current project, and if it takes off it will benefit MNR, something i wouldn't have done for people i didn't respect or get on with.

My dad (and I to a lesser extent) has to deal with the general public day in day out, he runs a very specialised business and it very well respected, but this brings its own problems, the amount of time spent talking on the phone to people who don't actually want to buy stuff from you, just wanting advice, cost the business time and money. You try to accommodate it, but sometimes you just have to be blunt and put and end to it otherwise you will have no business to discuss in the future. Then there are the people who want the world for 2p, he expects to pay you the minimum amount for your product but expects an extended service putting everything else right in his world. You then get the worse type of customer, the bloke who thinks he knows more than you and will not listen to a word you are saying, then usually goes off and slags the company off to all and sundry. So when i hear people moaning about companies being "rude" or "short" i fully understand where they may be coming from, but there is a reason for it and sympathise with the company. BTW none of these are comment or observations aimed at anyone on this thread, just experience in dealing with customers.

Marc has come on here to defend himself and MNR, obviously spending a lot of time in doing that when he should be in the workshop working on customers cars and trying to make a living. Its easy to pick holes in somebody else, its easy to go and slag them off in public forums, but very difficult to build up a good reputation and impossible to please everybody. Just because your wishbone is 2 weeks late arriving, is that a reason to try and destroy someones reputation, business and livelihood??

[Edited on 8/9/13 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.