Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Whose famous???
olimarler

posted on 3/9/13 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Whose famous???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2409919/Driver-hit-60-fine-using-Sheffield-bus-lane-actual-offender-councils-roadsweeper.html

Anyone from hear?

Oli

r1_pete

posted on 3/9/13 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Good for him for laughing it off, but I think I'd be seriously considering suing for costs, and the anguish and upset this has caused.

Bloody councils along with most jobsworth government departments need to be accountable for this blatant careless incompetence.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieW

posted on 3/9/13 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Who pays 17k for a Tiger?

Maybe the council thought he was made of money and could afford the fine?

[Edited on 3/9/13 by RichieW]

steve m

posted on 3/9/13 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
£17k for a tiger ???????????

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Ben_Copeland

posted on 3/9/13 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be more angry at getting fleeced for £17k than £60 for a fine!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Simon

posted on 3/9/13 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
I think I'd have waited till they threatened court - then charged them a lot of money for my time!

ATB

Simon

Furyous

posted on 3/9/13 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
It's the Daily Fail, so they probably looked up the price of a "kit car" and used the fanciest sounding price they found. I doubt he actually told them how much it cost.

You can take them to court, but is it really worth the hassle and expense?

Andybarbet

posted on 3/9/13 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
Im not sure how much it would cost if you bought a factory built car or paid a professional to build one but its probably not far short of £17, 000.

No way I would pay that much but it has a pretty new reg number so quite possible.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

ianclark1275

posted on 3/9/13 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
it gets quite a few people at my work.

none of use drive road sweepers tho

IC

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

bi22le

posted on 3/9/13 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
If he is on here then he is not going to own up now!!!

Love the:

"If the guy paid 17,000 for the car, perhaps he needs to pay the fine so that learns what value for money is!

- Max Nex , Lugano, Switzerland, 03/9/2013 22:14"

Your swiss mate, dont you sleep on a matress stuffed of euros!??

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Scuzzle

posted on 3/9/13 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
I take it the road sweeper is not allowed to sweep up in the bus lane then. Surely you look at the picture, just think council sweeper doing his job and fling it in the bin.
jeffw

posted on 4/9/13 at 05:24 AM Reply With Quote
the automatic numberplate recognition software has made an error that's all. I doubt that a human has looked at it before posting out.

iank

posted on 4/9/13 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
the automatic numberplate recognition software has made an error that's all. I doubt that a human has looked at it before posting out.

Exactly, though I do wonder how many people just pay up when they get the threatening letter.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

matt_gsxr

posted on 4/9/13 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

Your swiss mate, dont you sleep on a matress stuffed of euros!??

Switzerland doesn't use the Euro, but the swiss franc.

Anyway, Nazi gold is the way to fill a swizz mattress properly.

loggyboy

posted on 4/9/13 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I think it was the redtape after the issuing of that was more the news worthy subject matter.
It should have been something along the lines of:
'Hi, ive recevied a fine - ref**** - Its not for my car, please look at the picture and tell me if you agree. -
'Oh yes sir, i can see the error, ive canceled the fine for you and will send out a confirmation letter to you.
'Thanks bye.

Mistral Motorsport

r1_pete

posted on 4/9/13 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

I think it was the redtape after the issuing of that was more the news worthy subject matter.
'Hi, ive recevied a fine - ref**** - Its not for my car, please look at the picture and tell me if you agree. -
'Oh yes sir, i can see the error, ive canceled the fine for you and will send out a confirmation letter to you.
'Thanks bye.

More likely to be:

I cannot enter into discussion regarding your case please refer to the appeals process if you feel there are mitigating circumstances.

But if you look at the photograph...

I cannot enter into discussion regarding your case please refer to the appeals process if you feel there are mitigating circumstances.

Its a Sheffield council road sweeper, I do not drive a council road sweeper, or work for Sheffield council

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 4/9/13 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

'Thanks bye.

More likely to be:

But if you look at the photograph...

Its a Sheffield council road sweeper, I do not drive a council road sweeper, or work for Sheffield council

"See you in court then, where I will be claiming for loss of earnings and bringing along a Sun journalist to take the p*ss out of you...."

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

r1_pete

posted on 4/9/13 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote

dhutch

posted on 4/9/13 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
I dream of being that famous...

Not bad publicity for Tiger however, the Maily Dail did pretty well for not call it a Caterham in my book.

We often get news stories about 'JCB in ram-raid attack' and there not even yellow, or have a huge "CAT" logo in the photo.

Daniel

Irony

posted on 4/9/13 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
I had a similar thing with a parking fine on a car that I had previously owned. I was on the registry as 'last previous owner' with no current owner. I got the fine and the council wouldn't listen to anything I said about not owning the car. Eventually they threatned me with court and sent a balliffs round my house. In the end I had to get a Lincolnshire County Court Judgement against Sefton City Council to force them to reanalyse the situation.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.