Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Jedi For sale.....
gixermark

posted on 1/10/13 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Jedi For sale.....

Hi Guys,

admittedly not locost !! but this thing is certainly a low cost way of going and racing (and often beating) MUCH more expensive machinery.....

link to full advert on piston heads below, but in essence my Mk 6 short wheel based Jedi single seater is for sale..

K5 gixer (dry sumped) engined car, totally standard built to comply with Jedi's own championship.

This car won F2 class championship last year in the Irish Formula Libre championship (missed the overall by 1 point) and also managed to win the libre race in phoenix park (street race in Dublin)

This year, I've campaigned it in the NI sprint championship.. where its currently winning its class and 2nd overall. It also got FTD at the oldest hill climb in the world (Cultra)

14,250 for the car..... spares and enclosed trailer by separate negotiation. Car is in N Ireland, I can pick up from ferry/airports to any genuine purchasers...

will try to get some pics up - but see link for now;

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/motorsport/race-cars/single-seaters/championship-winning-jedi-mk-6/1750117

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

bi22le

posted on 2/10/13 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the sale, the last photo on the PH advert is top draw.
Slicks in the damp, awsome !!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

gixermark

posted on 2/10/13 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
cheers..... yea, that pic was decent.. it was taken on the 2nd timed run, first run was bone dry, so this was just a run for a bit of craic to entertain the folk that were brave enough to stand out and get wet... the car is SOOOOO much fun to drive in the dry, in the wet/damp like that its nearly better !! i had to lift my visor to see !

this is from the same event - and probably one of my favorite pictures i have

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/10/13 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
What I hoped the Haynes single seater would look like, if only

[Edited on 2/10/13 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gixermark

posted on 2/10/13 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
yup... the proportions of the Jedi are just bang on.. and unlike any kit car I've had previously, absolutely everything fits as it should...

total joy to work on

gixermark

posted on 10/10/13 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
piston heads ad updated with pictures (taken on saturday past) of the car with bodywork off...

missed out on FTD by 7 tenths of a second...... to a Radical SR8.. definitely a 'locost' way to play with the big boys

The car is currently leading the NI sprint championship overall..... but this will change at the final event of the year assuming the 2.7L Pilbeam comes back out to play.... by my maths the car is very safe in 2nd overall.. and will win its class championship...

anyone that wants to go (very) quickly on a budget... let me know

gixermark

posted on 5/12/13 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
shameless bump..

First person to view the car is likely to buy.... have only had a couple of 'virtual' tyre kickers so far.....

If it doesn't sell by Xmas/new year.. I will be keeping it for another season..

ephrem

posted on 16/3/14 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Hi from Holywood. Is she still for sale? I'm thinking of moving out of 6a into a single seater.

Ephrem

daniel mason

posted on 16/3/14 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
try uphillacers ephrem. he's advertised there too!

gixermark

posted on 16/3/14 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry guys... I should have updated this in the new year..

Tyres on their way from BMTR, few odds and sods ordered from Jedi too.... Ready to campaign another year in the irish libre championship.

Will quite possibly advertise it towards the end of the season to see if there is any interest again....

ephrem

posted on 16/3/14 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Thnx Mark ( & Daniel)
Maybe see you at Kirkistown on sat then if you're doing the sprints too. I'll be in my red & yellow Jackie Harris 205

gixermark

posted on 16/3/14 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
No sprints this year.... But may see ya around through the year..

Good luck on Saturday

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.