Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Someone's having a bad day
r1_pete

posted on 3/10/13 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Someone's having a bad day

BBC News Link
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Macbeast

posted on 3/10/13 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
He he !!

( sorry, shouldn't laugh )

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

TimEllershaw

posted on 3/10/13 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
or these : another BBC Link

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 3/10/13 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TimEllershaw

I have never understood the logic! Someone parks in a reserved space, or in a dangerous position. So you make sure the vehicle
can't be moved ??????

iank

posted on 3/10/13 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
quote:

I have never understood the logic! Someone parks in a reserved space, or in a dangerous position. So you make sure the vehicle
can't be moved ??????

They clamp them so they can't be moved before the tow truck arrives. Otherwise the multi-millionaires/billionaires just treat the fines an expensive parking-meter.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

gaz_gaz

posted on 3/10/13 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
quote:

can't be moved ??????

They clamp them so they can't be moved before the tow truck arrives. Otherwise the multi-millionaires/billionaires just treat the fines an expensive parking-meter.

Because paying the extra tow truck charge and sending 1 of there staff to go get the car back is so much more stressful?

I watched a program not so long ago, a lot of young men from the Gulf, where having there cars flown to London for the summer and quite often didn't have the correct insurance so had there cars seized, in fact I'm sure an Aventador was seized then aswell.
The lad went home and got his KTM Xbow out instead as I remember. Tough life huh.

iank

posted on 3/10/13 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gaz_gaz
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:
quote:

can't be moved ??????

Because paying the extra tow truck charge and sending 1 of there staff to go get the car back is so much more stressful?

I watched a program not so long ago, a lot of young men from the Gulf, where having there cars flown to London for the summer and quite often didn't have the correct insurance so had there cars seized, in fact I'm sure an Aventador was seized then aswell.
The lad went home and got his KTM Xbow out instead as I remember. Tough life huh.

Well making things less convenient for them as a deterrent is all you can really do without going down the Finnish route (motoring fines are based as a percentage of your income so they cause equal amounts of "pain" no matter who you are)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1759791.stm

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

gaz_gaz

posted on 3/10/13 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Now there's an idea.
David Jenkins

posted on 3/10/13 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
It's worth noting why the Lambo in the first post got stopped, though...

...no front numberplate.

I know that there are a few drivers on this forum who gleefully admit to driving without a front plate - maybe time to re-think?

mark chandler

posted on 3/10/13 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
With parking costs in Knightsbridge it can actually be cheaper to have your car towed and stored safely for a few days than pay NCP rates !
daveb666

posted on 3/10/13 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
It's worth noting why the Lambo in the first post got stopped, though...

...no front numberplate.

I know that there are a few drivers on this forum who gleefully admit to driving without a front plate - maybe time to re-think?

I don't have one, but my insurance and docs are all spot on so my car won't be seized.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.