Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: Freshly rebuilt Westfield Mega ZX10-R
BigMac

posted on 20/10/13 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
FS: Freshly rebuilt Westfield Mega ZX10-R

Hi everyone

After several years of ownership, the time has come to finally part with my Westy.

It's a 2004 SEiW 'Mega' chassis complete with a low mileage (circa 7000 miles) '06 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10-R engine. As quite a few of the regulars to LCB will know, this car benefits from being fully and meticulously rebuilt by myself and is now mechanically ready to go.

Besides a full mechanical rebuild and upgrade, the car makes heavy use of Carbon Kevlar throughout it's usually Aluminium panelling. So far as I can find, this is the only one of it's kind around and the rebuild thread has received well over 37,000 views and a lot of admiration.

I originally intended to use the car for sprints and hill climbs, but my circumstances have changed and I just won't have the time to enjoy what I've spent so much time and effort upon. Due to my current financial circumstances (see wedding) I'm unable to tax, test and insure the car at present so it's priced for a quick sale with the buyer to trailer away. I can and will demo the car running and moving to a genuine, interested buyer.

In summary, a fully rebuilt and road legal car with some very unique features- mechanically ready to go, it simply needs an MOT and Tax. I invite serious buyers to get in touch via U2U and I will provide you with my contact number, I really could talk about this car for hours. I'm looking for £10,500- no offers thank you

I'll attach some pictures in the next post, but the full rebuild album is available here.

Cheers all,

Ben.

--------------------------------------------------

SPECIFICATION

ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
* 2006 (D6F) Kawasaki Ninja ZX10-R engine with 7,000 miles- oil, filter and plugs changed during restoration
* Simpson Racing re-packable exhaust can and an additional, larger, quieter can for track day regs
* MAC1 Motorsports ZX10-R airbox, with new filter
* Quaife reversing box, with fresh oil

BRAKING
* Sierra Cosworth twin-pot front calipers, single sliding rear calipers
* All four calipers rebuilt and repainted by BiggRed
* Standard discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads front and rear, plenty of life left in all
* Clear coated, stainless steel braided brake lines throughout, no copper pipe
* Brand new 7/10" bore Westfield tandem master cylinder

CHASSIS, SUSPENSION & STEERING
* Spaceframe, wishbones and RAC roll bar shotblasted, zinc primed for corrosion protection and epoxy painted in gloss black
* Fully re-bushed using Nylon bushings supplied by Westfield
* Protech dampers with matched springs, revalved and balanced by ProComp Motorsport
* New top/bottom genuine Westfield ball joints
* Front wheel bearings replaced with Westfield supplied parts
* Westfield 'quick' steering rack, 2.2 turns lock-to-lock
* 14" KN 'Minotaur' wheels with Yokohama A048R tyres, plenty of tread left

INTERIOR
* JK Composites 'sevens' seats, compete with 5 piece black and yellow trim package
* Drivers/passengers Scroth Profi-II ASM Harnesses (4 point)
* Removable OMP 'Superquadro' wheel
* GIPro Gear Indicator with advance/retard timing functionality
* Koso RX1-N digi-dash
* In-date 'JJC' hand held fire-extinguisher

BODYWORK
* In excess of £4000 of Carbon Kevlar has gone into this chassis- chosen over Carbon Fibre due to it's construction, meaning that impact does not cause splintering. Panelling includes all flooring, bulkheads, interior panelling and rear diff cover
* Megabusa bodywork including vented bonnet, all repainted white as part of the rebuild. Includes kevlar NACA ducted nose cone to channel air to the new airbox
* Carbon fibre 'CSR' style wings with mud-flaps, painted in gloss black
* Full waterproof, tailored cover to be supplied with the car

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

BigMac

posted on 20/10/13 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote

maccmike

posted on 20/10/13 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Great looking.
Hope your going to paint the steering shaft and wheel allen key heads

BigMac

posted on 20/10/13 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you very much

But good spot sir- they have indeed been sorted since I took the photos!

[Edited on 20/10/13 by BigMac]

Xray350

posted on 11/12/13 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hello!!
York Westfield is sill for sale??
Regards
Eduard

BigMac

posted on 14/12/13 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Edward- sorry I didn't realise you'd replied to this thread! Yes it is indeed, please feel free to drop me a U2U if you'd like to catch up?
Xray350

posted on 14/12/13 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for your reply.
Hp?
Legal can drive?
what is your last price?
Eduard

BigMac

posted on 14/12/13 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
Output of the ZX10-R engine is 175PS according to the owners manual- around 172bhp. The car has never been dyno'd so I can't confirm, but this may increase slightly due to the lack of the restrictive exhaust butterfly valve and addition of an improved airbox. Engine has had new plugs, filter and oil during the rebuild and runs fault code free on the ZX10-r clocks.

The car is UK road legal and I have the V5 document to prove, all it requires as stated in the advert is an MOT and roadtax. It is also registered on a conventional UK plate as opposed to a 'Q' plate.

The price is the price stated in the ad- I could sell this for more in the run up to summer, so my asking price is reasonable given the brand of car, the materials and the components used in the build.

Cheers,
Ben.

scootz

posted on 14/12/13 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
I'm intriged by your intake arrangement... does the flexi pipe enter through the cone filter, or just butt against it?

It's Evolution Baby!

Xray350

posted on 14/12/13 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks
Eduard

BigMac

posted on 16/12/13 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm intriged by your intake arrangement... does the flexi pipe enter through the cone filter, or just butt against it?

Hi Scootz- I originally intended to run the flexi pipe directly into the airbox, covering the throttle bodies with a filter. Unfortunately the airbox doesn't allow for that, so the intake vent is at the moment- defunct. That said, I have made a minor modification to the airbox so that the cone filter sits perfectly under the bonnet vent, so it gets a better supply of cooler air than the original airbox did.

Seeing as I've undertaken a little project to change the clocks back to original ZX10-R ones over the winter, I now use this vent and ducting to provide cool air to the regulator/rectifier, which is mounted to the chassis forward of the engine rather than under the scuttle panel.

[Edited on 16/12/13 by BigMac]

scootz

posted on 19/12/13 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mac...

Have a free bump!

It's Evolution Baby!

BigMac

posted on 20/1/14 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guys, wedding plans are now in full swing so I need this gone.

As discussed in the rebuild thread, a few winter changes:

* The clocks have now been replaced with an original set of ZX10-R clocks that read fault code free. As a result, the dash will need to be changed- but this is a perfect opportunity to have it as you like, rather than how I think it should be.

* The loom has been replaced with a genuine ZX10-R loom from a UK bike, converted to US spec. Engine starts and runs fine. The loom hasn't yet been spliced into the car electrics as I've not had time, although all of the switches have been wired up (headlights, indicators, horn etc)

* The seats will need a new set of brackets as I binned the original set that came with them. They didn't seem sturdy enough to me. I've not had chance to build new ones yet.

I'm willing to listen to sensible offers for a quick sale, taking into account the above points. £9000 cash and it's yours provided you trailor it away.

I'm still working on the car as and when I find the time, so if you make me an offer in the next few weeks you may find some of the jobs have been finished.

Oh and I can also confirm that the colour change has now come back on the V5C, so it shows as 'White' and not 'Blue'.

Any questions, please PM me.

Cheers,

BM.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.