Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Raceline water rail blanking plug
aardvark101

posted on 27/11/13 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Raceline water rail blanking plug

I have a Raceline water rail on my Zetec, but need to blank off the rearmost sender outlet , any suggestions on a cap/plug that will give a flush fit ?
Paul Turner

posted on 28/11/13 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Get rid of the Raceline rail, they cause nothing but problems (look nice though). The Ford housing is designed for the job and has bypass pipes to ensure circulation during warm up, the Raceline rail doesn't.

Mine has been running perfectly for 12 years now with no issues, know too many people who have junked the Raceline rail to ever consider one.

Look at my gallery to see what a car can look like with a Ford housing.

snakebelly

posted on 28/11/13 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
And on the other side of the coin our Race Zetec ran perfectly with the raceline water rail and made the install nice and simple.

coozer

posted on 28/11/13 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
I had all sorts of cold running and overheating problems with my Raceline rail. Put the original thermo housing back on and all was solved.
Found out later the problem was the thermostat in the water rail is too far away from the head to work properly.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Philwaters7

posted on 29/11/13 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Regardless of the rights / wrongs of the Raceline water rail, I think Arrdvark is after something like this: 1/4 NPT plug

Check the thread size, it might be 1/8" I can't remember.

Cheers,

Phil

(p.s. been running a Raceline rail on my Zetec for 11 years with zero problems)

Phil Waters

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 29/11/13 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
The design the of Raceline water rail has a couple of major draw backs, first of all there is no by-pass circulation around the thermostat this effectively stops the thermostat working as the thermostat will remain cold when the engine block is at or near boiling.

This can be worked around by drilling the thermostat but is better to also drill and fit water outlet close to the thermostat and lead this back to a water pump inlet to provide a proper by-pass.

The second problem is the water passageway is small bore and restricts the coolant flow but this should only be a problem on very high output engines.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

aardvark101

posted on 29/11/13 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Phill, thats the answer i needed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.