Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BMW drag link part number (need help)
Padstar

posted on 3/1/14 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
BMW drag link part number (need help)

I am trying to get the bmw drag links mentioned in the Saturn build guide to suit the mx5. Problem is I don't have a motaquip near me which is the supplier the reference number is given for and quite frankly they have been very unhelpful. I am trying to get from eurocarparts as they are right next to me and very helpfull. Unfortunately without a reg or part number they are unable to buy the part for me without me taking the risk and £ on it being wrong. Do any of you know the part number or have a reg I can use to locate the correct part??
Slimy38

posted on 3/1/14 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
I've got these, although admittedly I've not actually tried them on the upright yet;

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/%20606110080/p/home

They're intended for a BMW 5 Series 2.0 1990. I'm assuming you're referring to the upper front suspension ball joint? The lower front is the standard MX5 ball joint.

[Edited on 3/1/14 by Slimy38]

Padstar

posted on 3/1/14 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks. 2 being delivered tomorrow. At £4 each I will take the risk on them being wrong.
DH2

posted on 3/1/14 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC you have a choice. QR1786S has an M16x1.5 thread, or QR2234S has an M14x1.5 thread.
I went for the M16 option for a little additional strength.

Edited to add: I don't know which thread the Saturn needs, I'm building suspension from scratch.

DH2

[Edited on 3/1/14 by DH2]

BigFaceDave

posted on 3/1/14 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Probably not much help now byt if you ever need BMW part numbers Real OEM is a very handy website to know.

Real OEM

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.