Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: itunes help (i hate itunes)
AndyW

posted on 20/1/14 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
itunes help (i hate itunes)

Hi all,

I hope the collective can help. My home computer was telling me the hard drive was almost full. I have an additional hard drive already built in so I moved all my music to that DATA drive.

Now iTunes says it's empty, and when I open a folder it wants to import it again and sets up a new iTunes library.

now half my music is missing, I have several folders which say iTunes library, previous versions etc but my original iTunes page is still missing loads of stuff.

Is there an easy way to revert back to how it was?

I tried a system restore but that made no difference.

Help please......

thanks

andy

YQUSTA

posted on 20/1/14 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
This should help you out.

I did the same when moving all my music to a nas drive.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

splitrivet

posted on 20/1/14 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I agree its the biggest load of shite this side of the black stump and why I swapped my iphone for an S3 which is a shame as the iphone was loads better in all other ways but itunes takes yank dumbing down to new levels.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

balidey

posted on 20/1/14 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Don't get me started on itunes and Ubuntu. Argh.
Only way I could load songs onto my daughters ipod is to set aside a spare PC, load Windows onto it, install itunes, drag music over, then put the Windows PC back in the cupboard.
Every single thing I have ever tried to do on Ubuntu has been instant and fairly easy, everything apart from use itunes.

Dutch bears have terrible skin due to their clogged paws

mcerd1

posted on 21/1/14 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
i don't use it much anymore, but this is how I use it:

I always make sure that the 'let itunes keep my music organized' option is turned off - I like to think I'm capable of saving files in the right folders without some nannying software

make sure the 'copy to itunes when imported' option is unticked too (or whatever its called) - thats just a fast way to fill up you disk

and set the default folder for ripping etc. to the place actually want your music to go now - this will be something like docs & settings / your user / my music..... - but this can be any folder on any drive

and while your at it you might want to look at the ripping quality settings)

then you just need to let it scan / import the folder you moved the music into to repopulate the library - I don't bother with this step as I use winamp for playback

the method in the link above may do more or less the same thing, but I like to be in control and don't trust itunes to get it right...

[Edited on 21/1/2014 by mcerd1]

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.