Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: VW Golf Mk5 TDI Remap
Neadles

posted on 9/2/14 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
VW Golf Mk5 TDI Remap

I have a golf estate 2008 1.9TDI 105 as a daily and tow car, now for tax its good but power and economy is rubbish compared to my old Mk3 Modeo 2lt TDI.

So I want a remap to improve economy and power, but just wondering if anyone has had it done or any experience because I have a dilemma:

Most place as I can gather seem to just reflash the ECU with a new map and reading peoples testimonies, with a pinch of salt, seems ok @ around £200-250.

The next is a custom remap which I'll have to travel further for and cost quite a bit more, though I know its the real way to get exactly what you want and will take into account condition and how your car performs.

But as its a daily I'm not too bothered as long as I see some improvements, so if anyone has any experience or recommendations I would appreciate some input either way.

Cheers

Chris

matt5964

posted on 9/2/14 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
try a DTUK, very good results and you can move it form car to car or sell it when done..

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/vehicle-volkswagen-vw_golf_v-1.9-tdi-105-ps

lots of good reviews on them, they are really helpful with lots of knowledge and advice

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392680

Slimy38

posted on 9/2/14 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
I believe the generic remaps are pretty decent, with a stock engine the extra gains from a custom remap won't be as much of a jump (certainly in £ per Nm).
dave_424

posted on 9/2/14 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Go to R-tech for mapping, they rolling road test before and after for about £250-300. Also if there are small issues with the engine e.g. split boost pipe, faulty boost control valve etc. they will fix it for free and continue mapping.
chrism

posted on 9/2/14 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
How about a blue fin by superchips, its more expensive but can be fitted and removed yourself so you could sell it on if you change the vehicle.

http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/search?make=38&fueltype=2&a mp;model=159&variant=453

[Edited on 9/2/14 by chrism]

----------------------------
A little hard work never killed anyone, but why take the risk!
-----------------------------

bigrich

posted on 9/2/14 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at Darkide developement there in Barnsley and only tune VAG vehicles with some good results

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

Neadles

posted on 9/2/14 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the replays guys I'll have a look at all the suggestions thanks.
austin man

posted on 9/2/14 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Pendle perfotmance is alos worth looking at. they did my 1.9 T5 van it went from 97 bhp to 137 the increase in torque is the defining thin not the bhp

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.