Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BBC winter olympics coverage
bi22le

posted on 9/2/14 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
BBC winter olympics coverage

I have been watching the morning coverage this weekend and when ever I can.

I LOVE IT!!!

I love any sport anyway but the ladies snowboard slopestyle this morning was great. A real sense of making history.

Jenny Jones (Team GB) won bronze:

1st ever olympic slopestlye event
1st medal for team GB this year
last time she will compete in the olympics

It was great, they kept on refering to being impartial and BBC sensible to not get sacked and then cheering when a boarder messed up!

Also the three commentators were crying with joy at the end, two of them were men!!!

Well done Jenny Jones and well done BBC.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

twybrow

posted on 9/2/14 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
We are also loving it, although the Red Button (or 2nd red button) does not seem to be working for us, despite a retune....

I love the Winter Olympics - cant wait for the ski-cross and boarder-cross. The moguls was fantastic yesterday, hats off to them, that is proper knee punishment!

Well done Jenny Jones - what a way to bow out of competition snowboarding.

scootz

posted on 9/2/14 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Party pooper time....

I HATED IT!

The cheering amongst the commentators when non-Brit contenders screwed up was awful. The faux emotion was embarrassing. Utter shite (IMHO!).

That sort of thing is fine for an obscure fan-boy on-line channel, but not good enough for the BBC.

It's Evolution Baby!

MikeR

posted on 9/2/14 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
your in a minority scootz. sorry

I loved it. real excitement and passion from all involved.

lots of chhering in our house.

Barkalarr
Contributor

Posts 941
Registered 14/3/12
Location Essex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Caterham R300, Caterham Roadsport,Indy R1,Indy Zet

posted on 9/2/14 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
I'm just a bit gutted it's not on BBC1 - we all saw how London 2012 gripped the nation, this should have massive main stream publicity too.
My kids have spent the weekend telling how they want to go and learn how to snow board, so we're going to keep our eye on Groupon for a deal at Milton Keynes + lessons for the 4 of us.... Can't wait - I'm hooked and I haven't even touched the snow yet.

steve m

posted on 9/2/14 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I have not had much of a chance to see it, as daughter just given birth to twins, and we have her other two 13and 3
but what I have seen, loved it, and for us to get a medal, on day 2, fantastic, well done

we will NEVER win the winter Olympics, but at least we try and compete

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

mark chandler

posted on 9/2/14 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
We enjoyed it here, okay the presenters got a bit carried away but then they know the people competing.

Snow boarding hurts, tried it when 40 and kept bashing my head, had to give up and go back to ski's after 3 days as the pain got to much, good on her I would never have been that brave!

As an aside, the Winter Olympics always remind me if the words from the stranglers record Ugly, "why are the children of the wealthy ........" This year the crowd look an interesting bunch, mixture of wealthy Russian mafia and pretty girls!

MikeR

posted on 9/2/14 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
mark i can so relate - wrecked my back in a boarding accident and now stick to skis. God / evolution gave us two legs so im using two planks.
twybrow

posted on 9/2/14 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
You'e got to push past the head bashing, and move on to wrist snapping! I need to get out on my snowboard...
scootz

posted on 10/2/14 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Seems it wasn't just me...

BBC Link

I just felt the commentary was way OTT. It seemed to me they were desperately trying to recreate the (genuine) excitement of the various commentaries at the London Olympics, but missed the mark badly.

I also felt the 'amazement' that she won bronze was way OTT as she was hardly an underdog. She was an event veteran who had been the dominant force in her sport for 10 years prior to it becoming an Olympic event!

And as for the claims from both commentators that they were going to cry (which came to nothing) and the cheering when her competitors fell... pah!

It's Evolution Baby!

bobinspain

posted on 10/2/14 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Plus 1 Scootz.
Amateurish, woefully immature and partisan.

We're off to Andorra in 4 weeks in the new 'toy'. (Subaru Tribeca 3.6 Flat-6-boxer). Bit thirstier than the MK. Passes most things except gas stations.

scootz

posted on 10/2/14 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Get a lot of car for the money with one of those Bob! I looked at them a couple of years back, but the jury was still out as to whether or not they took kindly to an LPG conversion.

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 14/2/14 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
LOL... I'm starting to see why the commentary of that event was how it was. This is the pair who were entrusted with it...

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.