Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Getting to coventry transport museum
matty h

posted on 10/2/14 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Getting to coventry transport museum

I am looking at visiting the coventry transport museum on my way to stoneliengh kit car show on the saturday.
I will be in my gtm libra does anyone know where it would be best to park, do not mind a bit of a walk but do not want a multistorey car park.
Thanks Matty

omega0684

posted on 10/2/14 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Best place to park will be opposite the swimming baths next to The bus station. There is a large car park there, then you are 2 minutes walk from the museum

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 10/2/14 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
you can walk from most car parks in cov city centre to the transport museum in max 15mins. but as omega said the one near the swimming pool under the ring road (entrance on ford street) is closest. if that's full there is another big car park behind the student union on cox street, entrance is between the union building and Maurice foss building, thats about 2 extra mins walk. if that fails then there is another car park by the university library under the ring roat on gosford street. all of those three are no more than 2-10min walk. oddly it gets more expensive the closer you get to the library, but then again its Coventry and parking isnt expensive as its a student town.

number one rule!! if you go on the ring road! the entrance slip road and exit slip road is the same piece of road as cars join and exit crossing each others path, keep your eyes peeled and do as the locals, accelerate on pretending the cars arround you dont exist give way coming off and your chance of survival will remain ok. they will show you no mercy so be fierce!

one caveat to the above information i lived there as a student for 5 years, many many years ago so it may have all changed now (coventry seems to be stuck in a time warp so chances are nothings changed, i will let omega confirm :-)

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Slimy38

posted on 11/2/14 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
number one rule!! if you go on the ring road! the entrance slip road and exit slip road is the same piece of road as cars join and exit crossing each others path, keep your eyes peeled and do as the locals, accelerate on pretending the cars arround you dont exist give way coming off and your chance of survival will remain ok. they will show you no mercy so be fierce!

one caveat to the above information i lived there as a student for 5 years, many many years ago so it may have all changed now (coventry seems to be stuck in a time warp so chances are nothings changed, i will let omega confirm :-)

Nope, it's still pretty much the same, Coventry's ring road is one of those transport systems that you must experience to know what it's like. I once saw a learner driver on there, I felt so sorry for them... then I noticed they did exactly what you describe and I thought 'yep, they'll be fine'...

sa-fabrication

posted on 11/2/14 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
This is funny.
I learned to drive on that, and im one of those drivers described ha ha.

Its a funny old road layout.

Its daft really, the city was pretty much flattened during the war, and they re built it in to a pile of concrete crap.

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

omega0684

posted on 11/2/14 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've lived in Cov for 30 years and have been driving the LEGENDARY Ring Road for 13 or them, all I can say is if you can't navigate the Coventry City Ring Road you shouldn't be on the road, it certainly separates the men from the boys! it might just be me, but I think it's a piece of pish! lol

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.