Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F***KING SCAMMING B*STARDS !! READ THIS
02GF74

posted on 19/2/14 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
F***KING SCAMMING B*STARDS !! READ THIS

I just received 3 more emails pretending to be from ebay.

Two have been offers of £ 500 for an item (doesn't say which one) and third is a case closed wirh a refund to the buyer of £ 631.

THE MAILS LOOK VERY GENUINE, so much so that I nearly fainted as I recently sold an item for a similar amount but if you hover over the links, it does not redirect to ebay but:

http: tanzaniaparks com
or
http: cellnergy com

PLEASE CHECK YOUR EBAY MESSAGES AND DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINKS OR LOG IN FROM THEM!!!!

[Edited on 19/2/14 by 02GF74]

Mr Whippy

posted on 19/2/14 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure they'll thank you for posting those links too
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 19/2/14 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, might be best to turn them into text rather than links as too easy to click on them

ATB

Simon

theconrodkid

posted on 19/2/14 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
i had them,addy is the same but uses capitals on E and Bay...smart me

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Surrey Dave

posted on 19/2/14 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Phishing

I had what looked like an eBay email today saying my account had been blocked, they obviously hope that you are going to click the link and put your password etc in!!

I forwarded it to eBay and they confirmed what i thought.

Just for everyone's interest the email was from ebay @selling.com.

britishtrident

posted on 19/2/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
As I posted in another recent thread a massive increase in the number of mal-emails around this month.
Beware. anything that appears to come from HMRC, the Law Courts, TNT, Sage, debt collectors or any bank.
Until recently the spam and mal-mail levels hitting our relatively busy email boxes was near zero.
We now have 4 layers of detection and filtering in place including heuristic, black list and blackhole and it is still coming through, about 4 a day are trapped at the ISP, 4 are tagged as spam by either K9 spam trap or Thunderbird and 1 or so a day are dealt with bythe Avira antivirus Mailguard.

[Edited on 19/2/14 by britishtrident]

[Edited on 19/2/14 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

T66

posted on 19/2/14 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Mate has just been cleaned out on an ebay scam to his personal email address. Ive suggested the following....

I use a spam email address different to my paypal one, then have the ebay app on my iphone/ipad , so if i get any messages from ebay they are actually from ebay.

Also have the paypal app, which goes bing bong when I buy anything, so if i do start having probs i should see them. I cannot remember the last time I looked in my email account which ebay uses.

I have 7 email addresses in total. There is only 1 private one which is saved for friends and family, the one which looks after paypal gets used for nothing else either. The rest of them are for business/commercial stuff.

If you use mozilla, you can use Lastpass which retains all your passwords on a remote server, this deals with the password problems/logins etc.

Only login details I need to remember are for my bank, which isnt stored online anywhere or on my pc, my paypal login which isnt stored anywhere apart from my head, and my lastpass master password, which is also a strong password not stored anywhere.

even if the turds got my pc,ipad or iphone they cannot rip my bank/paypal or amazon accounts.

I have had the odd pishing email, but most end up in my trash can.

FazerBob

posted on 19/2/14 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
Mate has just been cleaned out on an ebay scam to his personal email address. Ive suggested the following....

I use a spam email address different to my paypal one, then have the ebay app on my iphone/ipad , so if i get any messages from ebay they are actually from ebay.

Also have the paypal app, which goes bing bong when I buy anything, so if i do start having probs i should see them. I cannot remember the last time I looked in my email account which ebay uses.

I have 7 email addresses in total. There is only 1 private one which is saved for friends and family, the one which looks after paypal gets used for nothing else either. The rest of them are for business/commercial stuff.

If you use mozilla, you can use Lastpass which retains all your passwords on a remote server, this deals with the password problems/logins etc.

Only login details I need to remember are for my bank, which isnt stored online anywhere or on my pc, my paypal login which isnt stored anywhere apart from my head, and my lastpass master password, which is also a strong password not stored anywhere.

even if the turds got my pc,ipad or iphone they cannot rip my bank/paypal or amazon accounts.

I have had the odd pishing email, but most end up in my trash can.

I use Last Pass on IE and Chrome. Great free programme.

Bob

coyoteboy

posted on 20/2/14 at 05:33 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I just ignore all emails that I'm not expecting. If it's from a bank and there's that much of a problem they'll call me. If it's from ebay/paypal/somewhereelse and it's a problem I'll find out next time I try to log in normally. Anything else doesn't matter anyway. Strangely I don't find it annoying any more, it's just normal life.

r1_pete

posted on 20/2/14 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Personally I just ignore all emails that I'm not expecting. If it's from a bank and there's that much of a problem they'll call me. If it's from ebay/paypal/somewhereelse and it's a problem I'll find out next time I try to log in normally. Anything else doesn't matter anyway. Strangely I don't find it annoying any more, it's just normal life.

+1, and my mail is set up to drop such crap into a spam folder, which I just pop into and empty every so often, all these Barclays Bank mails are clearly spam as I don't have an account there, would I ever open one - NO.
spambox
spambox

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 24/2/14 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
well, they're certainly not giving up!!

Hi,

I won your auction - . http://www.ebay.co.uk/ws/SignIn/ViewItm

i try to call you 10 times , and no answer
just let me know your postal code and i can come with cash tonight.if no , i report you to police and ebay thank you

once again the sign in ebay link does not go to ebay

Sloan85

posted on 24/2/14 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
well, they're certainly not giving up!!

Hi,

I won your auction - . http://www.ebay.co.uk/ws/SignIn/ViewItm

i try to call you 10 times , and no answer
just let me know your postal code and i can come with cash tonight.if no , i report you to police and ebay thank you

once again the sign in ebay link does not go to ebay

I got that email today. Appears to be from ebay@ebay.co.uk which I would have assumed was a genuine email address for ebay?

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

rash12

posted on 24/2/14 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
me too same message exactly
02GF74

posted on 24/2/14 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sloan85
I got that email today. Appears to be from ebay@ebay.co.uk which I would have assumed was a genuine email address for ebay?

That is what they want you to think.

Login to your ebay account and check your messages - it will not be there. Also do not reply or click any link in the message but forward to spoof@ebay.com.

Agriv8

posted on 26/2/14 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
I have had this too from Jenifer offering me £500 for the item I have for sale ( i dont )

Working in IT it looked very genuine from the 'First Glance'

as Bogus emails go its a good one.

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.