Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A must watch. Amazing Mclaren P1 video (Chris Harris)
wylliezx9r

posted on 19/2/14 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
A must watch. Amazing Mclaren P1 video (Chris Harris)

This is what Top Gear should be doing. The best thing I've seen in a long time.

[Edited on 19/2/14 by wylliezx9r]

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

james h

posted on 19/2/14 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Couldn't agree more. He properly spanks that 916hp car, the way none of the Top Gear lot could.
He asks all the right questions of Chris Goodwin, with actually interesting details that the BBC wouldn't dare show on its dumbed down programme! Chris' write-up on Pistonheads is especially good.

coyoteboy

posted on 20/2/14 at 05:05 AM Reply With Quote
Was a nice vid, but im not convinced by his on-track reporting skills - repetitive and babbling. I would be too but I'm not a presenter.

Lovely to see some of the technical details but nowhere near enough even so.

james h

posted on 20/2/14 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
I think he would agree, going by what he said as he got out of the car His other stuff is usually spot on, I suppose it just goes to show what an event it truly was!
loggyboy

posted on 20/2/14 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Top viewing as always from Harris - he should be on primetime without a doubt.

However I dont think top gear should be doing that at all. That just wouldnt hold the attention of 80% of their audience. Us true petrol heads love a 10minute chat about technical things, but to joe public who likes cars and wants to be entertained, would much rather see it presented the way Top gear do at the mo. Thats why they have such great viewing figures and massive budgets. If it wasnt filmed, produced and presented they way it is now it would go back to being a niche program with lower figures, small budget and end up no better than 5th gear.

Mistral Motorsport

beaver34

posted on 20/2/14 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Was a nice vid, but im not convinced by his on-track reporting skills - repetitive and babbling. I would be too but I'm not a presenter.

Lovely to see some of the technical details but nowhere near enough even so.

i think thats why alot connect with him, he is normal thats what we would be like in that position, he genuinely loves doing what he does and he is great at it IMO

daveb666

posted on 20/2/14 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched that over my dinner hour.

I really enjoyed the technical aspect of it - although the banter that Chris tried to have with the chap from McLaren "is that the bitch car?" and "I love you can see it's gizzards" was a bit cringe-worthy.

I realize the need for the McLaren chap to be sat next when driving around but the small-talk when sat in traffic was also quite painful to watch.

I loved Chris-Harris face the first time he gives it some beans on the public-road

..the guy is clearly going to say FUUUUUUCCC.... but then remembers he's on camera lol

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

Proby

posted on 20/2/14 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Enjoyed watching that!

Visit GraphicMonster

scootz

posted on 20/2/14 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Enjoyed watching the car and hearing Chris Goodwins input. Shame about Chris Harris though.

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.