Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What do I need to keep for a Pinto > Duratec conversion?
lotus_esprit_s1

posted on 23/2/14 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
What do I need to keep for a Pinto > Duratec conversion?

I have a 2.0 Pinto powered Westfield SEI with type 9 box.

I have just bought locally a Duratec 2.0HE from a 2002 mondeo for £180 complete with all ancillaries, gearbox and new clutch. I already have a Raceline inlet manifold for it and twin 45 Dellortos (yes I know but I have the Dellortos sat here on a shelf doing nothing and the car is already running dellorto 40's)

In the quest for less clutter in my workshop, I'm eager to rid myself of any unneeded parts, is there any point in keep on original inlet and injection system, exhaust manifold, original flywheel etc? Does the gearbox have any value? What else should I put straight in the bin?

Is the new mondeo clutch of any use to me? I will be buying a RWD flywheel and cable type 9 bellhousing.

big-vee-twin

posted on 23/2/14 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Keep the exhaust manifold as a pinto exhaust can be modded to fit.

Put the gearbox on eBay, you may need to change alternator too, for a small denso type

I'd fit a new heavy duty pinto friction plate.

You can use an ST 150 flywheel come up on eBay a few times, I used an uprated RS Turbo pressure plate but if you use a FWD pressure plate the fingers have to be shortened to allow the release bearing guide tube to fit.

Don't forget the spiggot bearing.

Also make sure your new bell housing has a bolt fitted into the pocket on the back like pic below or you will find you layshaft will fall out

[img] Layshaft retaining bolt
Layshaft retaining bolt
[/img]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

ali f27

posted on 23/2/14 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
You say your using 45s if so keep fuel rail and injectors to block holes in head if you blank them off permanantly you cannot then use them if you want to go fuel injection in future

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.