Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top Gear
scutter

posted on 2/3/14 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Top Gear

Has anyone actually watched a top gear all the way through this season without getting bored at some point? I've currently been waiting 10-12 min for something to do with cars to come on.

Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 2/3/14 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
I always record it to watch later, that way you can skip any shite. There's usually something worth seeing, and the crap goes by fast at x30!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

coozer

posted on 2/3/14 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
I sky plus it so I can fast forward the boring news and 'star' in the car boring bits...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Ben_Copeland

posted on 2/3/14 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Not bothered to watch any of this season.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

kj

posted on 2/3/14 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sky plus.and fast forward

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

steve m

posted on 2/3/14 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I watch any other side, and just have done

The cricket, at least we won

TG is a children programme

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

chris-g

posted on 2/3/14 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
I go and do something else while the star in a reasonably priced car bit is on.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 2/3/14 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scutter
Has anyone actually watched a top gear all the way through this season without getting bored at some point? I've currently been waiting 10-12 min for something to do with cars to come on.

Dan.

The whole first 15 mins was a review of the Golf vs the 135i, seems like somebody wasn't actually watching it and just wanted to slag it off.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
scutter

posted on 2/3/14 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
quote:
Originally posted by scutter

Dan.

The whole first 15 mins was a review of the Golf vs the 135i, seems like somebody wasn't actually watching it and just wanted to slag it off.

15 min of Golf Vs BMW then 8 min at the end of 918, so that's 23 min of an hour. I am/was the biggest Top Gear Fan and will watch the rest, But saying I just want to slag it off is either narrow minded or purposely antagonistic.

Regards Dan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
will121

posted on 2/3/14 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Actually thought it was quite good, comparison between golf and bmw, bit on supercars and some light harted bits, watched it with all the family, about only programme all 4 of us will watch togeter.
Its not been a detailed car show for years now an entertainment programme, you either watch it for what it is or just turn tv over

scutter

posted on 2/3/14 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe that's it, I just don't find it entertaining anymore

daniel mason

posted on 2/3/14 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
plenty more channels to watch if you dont like it!
i enjoyed tonights episode. especially the 918

whitestu

posted on 2/3/14 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
If they just dialled the stupidity level back a bit it would be much improved.

Lots of the features could easily be really good with a couple of minor tweaks, like the hot hatch feature a couple of weeks ago.

Stu

scutter

posted on 2/3/14 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
To Doctor Derek Doctors, I've just reread my first post. My apologies, I was bored after 10-12 min after the VW Vs BMW feature not from the start of the show as it first read.

Regards Dan.

[Edited on 2/3/14 by scutter]

unijacko67

posted on 2/3/14 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
I don't normally watch it so no real great expectations and found it ok tonight, how did JC loose the BMW on the straight, I think he would struggle in some of our cars. He wouldn't actually fit in mine.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

FazerBob

posted on 2/3/14 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
I used to be a big fan of a motoring show called Top Gear but now the name is used by some rubbish programme very similar to some of the c**p children's shows of the 70's and 80's.

A total waste of time.

Bob

bi22le

posted on 2/3/14 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67
I don't normally watch it so no real great expectations and found it ok tonight, how did JC loose the BMW on the straight, I think he would struggle in some of our cars. He wouldn't actually fit in mine.

staged. I watch a lot of top gear and am quite fond of it. It entertains me. They stage, script and perform everything. No doubt that was to.

5th is back on now. First episode was reviewing the new 911 and pitching it against a noble and skyline. Guest reviewer was bruno senna. Thats a car program!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

jossey

posted on 2/3/14 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
I watch it all cos it's cheaper than looking on locostbuilders waiting for stuff to buy which I don't need lol

[Edited on 2/3/14 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

James

posted on 3/3/14 at 12:07 AM Reply With Quote
Episode 2 was fantastic!

Much too short but great feature on the Mclaren P1. Before it was a section on the new Alpha Romeo that was stunningly shot and I loved the Bond spin they put on it. In the middle an interesting section about British Army vehicles that could have been a program on it's own!

Haven't seen any others yet this series!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

MikeRJ

posted on 3/3/14 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67

staged. I watch a lot of top gear and am quite fond of it. It entertains me. They stage, script and perform everything. No doubt that was to.

5th is back on now. First episode was reviewing the new 911 and pitching it against a noble and skyline. Guest reviewer was bruno senna. Thats a car program!!

I'm not so sure it was staged, aquaplaning at high speed in a RWD car can do exactly what happened on TG. FWD cars tend to go straight on, whereas RWD cars want to swap ends.

unijacko67

posted on 3/3/14 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
It didn't look staged to me, but I've only just started watching it. I liked the special with the 3 4x4's on the raft's for the river crossings so looking forward to next weeks special.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

jeffw

posted on 3/3/14 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
Ahhh....the weekly 'Top Gear' is crap thread. If all the people who think it was crap didn't watch do we still need these threads each week?

jossey

posted on 3/3/14 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
Ahhh....the weekly 'Top Gear' is crap thread. If all the people who think it was crap didn't watch do we still need these threads each week?

Lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

Not Anumber

posted on 3/3/14 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Top Gear is just what it is. It isnt a detailed motoring program and has very little of relevance about the cars that most people buy and drive but is a funny program with some decent cars on it. I enjoyed being in the studio last summer and would go again.

A Golf v 1 series BMW comparison needed to be made but I'm just not certain the current GTI vs 135 was the one to go for given the difference in performance. It may have been better to pitch the GTI against a mid spec 1 series.

Dick Axtell

posted on 3/3/14 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Aaaaah! The TV critics are out!! All you guys have to retain in the mind, is the fact that JC, RH and JM all get paid bucketloads of cash, just for behaving like a bunch of teenaged p*****ks (as my Dearly Beloved never fails to point out. She definitely doesn't like 'em).

And they probably get a share of the programme overseas sales. We should be so apparently stupid.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.