Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Shortage of cars for sale
Jasmcauley

posted on 10/3/14 at 01:15 AM Reply With Quote
Shortage of cars for sale

I'm looking for something to take my fancy but there seems to be a serious lack of them for sale.

People really don't like parting with them.

If anyone knows of any can you email me jason@plant-I.net

Thanks all

Sam_68

posted on 10/3/14 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
It's the wrong time of year to be looking.

Give it another 2-3 months and you'll see a much better selection become available.

Jasmcauley

posted on 10/3/14 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam_68
It's the wrong time of year to be looking.

Give it another 2-3 months and you'll see a much better selection become available.

People start selling before the summer do they?

I bet the price jumps

Would you recommend holding fire for a while then?

loggyboy

posted on 10/3/14 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Just keep looking, more will come up, prices will rise very slightly, but not stupidly. No point holding off, as you never kniw what bargain may pop up due to someone else unfortunate situation or an a spur of the moment decision.
Add a saved search on ebay, and keep on searching on piston heads, gumtree, Facebook etc etc as often as you can.

Mistral Motorsport

Dick Axtell

posted on 10/3/14 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Did you see this one??

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=189468

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Jasmcauley

posted on 10/3/14 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Axtell
Did you see this one??

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=189468

I can't see it yet Dick,

Might be because I'm new

Jasmcauley

posted on 10/3/14 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Just keep looking, more will come up, prices will rise very slightly, but not stupidly. No point holding off, as you never kniw what bargain may pop up due to someone else unfortunate situation or an a spur of the moment decision.
Add a saved search on ebay, and keep on searching on piston heads, gumtree, Facebook etc etc as often as you can.

Thank you Loggy,

I will keep looking, to be honest the longer I wait the more money I will have to spend on one.

I've been offered a zx9r for £5500 but its about 260Miles from me, which is a bit of an issue as I can't rely on the great British weather

Lovey Car Mind, and has a nice spec.

Oh the joy

Slimy38

posted on 10/3/14 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasmcauley

I've been offered a zx9r for £5500 but its about 260Miles from me, which is a bit of an issue as I can't rely on the great British weather

Lovey Car Mind, and has a nice spec.

Oh the joy

Don't forget there are comparably few cars out there, it's not like you're looking for a Ford Focus. The only way I know that there are some in my home town is by looking on the owners locations map on here, I have never seen one driving about locally. Actually, that's a small white lie, whenever it's Stoneleigh weekend I see dozens heading over to Coventry from Wales, but that's a specific weekend.

If I was in the market to buy one, I would be expecting to travel some distance.

Krismc

posted on 10/3/14 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Part exed mine in Oct and the garage have only just put it up for sale due to the fantastic weather since.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=162239

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Jasmcauley

posted on 10/3/14 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
Part exed mine in Oct and the garage have only just put it up for sale due to the fantastic weather since.

That is gorgeous but I can't afford it.

Unless I sell my Beemer haha

Krismc

posted on 11/3/14 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Trade in. lol. He would take a trade in.

Whats ya top budget and what's ya plan?

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Jasmcauley

posted on 11/3/14 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ono my ive only just spent 15k on my car.

7k max ideally.

Just want a weekend car that I can track if I fancy
I want something fairly quick.

I know it's nothing to do with straight line but as a guide line

How quick are these kit cars in comparison with road cars

Pinto
Zetec
Zx9r

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 11/3/14 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Your problem appears to be that there's a lack of 'affordable' cars for sale.
That said, there's certainly no problem of availability of used cars that I can see.

Forget (as you have) the overpriced £15K, it 'owes' me £36K, 'Bargin', 'Awsum Breaks', sort of thing. These owners are simply listing, not selling. Laugh at the sales idiotcracy type thing, "reduced by ... for only 2 weeks, then I'm putting it back up for more after'

It's quite easy to spot a genuine seller, a sensibly priced, well sorted and specified car. The seller will be the owner(!) and will know the car in detail.

As for the road car comparison thing. The fact you're asking that means that you're completely devoid of kit car/track experience.
Anything's 'awsum', even if the 'breaks' don't wurk.

Buy, enjoy, rebuild/modify if it isn't to taste. Life is too short, the care home isn't too far away.

rdodger

posted on 11/3/14 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Sylva Striker Kit Car

Looks good to me if the price doesn't creep too high.

Jasmcauley

posted on 11/3/14 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
Sylva Striker Kit Car

Looks good to me if the price doesn't creep too high.

Ideally I'd like to get one with a bit more power

thank you though

Jasmcauley

posted on 11/3/14 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
That said, there's certainly no problem of availability of used cars that I can see.

Forget (as you have) the overpriced £15K, it 'owes' me £36K, 'Bargin', 'Awsum Breaks', sort of thing. These owners are simply listing, not selling. Laugh at the sales idiotcracy type thing, "reduced by ... for only 2 weeks, then I'm putting it back up for more after'

It's quite easy to spot a genuine seller, a sensibly priced, well sorted and specified car. The seller will be the owner(!) and will know the car in detail.

As for the road car comparison thing. The fact you're asking that means that you're completely devoid of kit car/track experience.

Buy, enjoy, rebuild/modify if it isn't to taste. Life is too short, the care home isn't too far away.

Point taken,

I by no means have the attitude you mentioned above, I'm well aware that if it breaks it can be rebuilt and that's all part of it. And this is what excites me, I have a half finished project at the minute, but it is a french hatch.

I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a kit car that I've wanted for the last 10 years.

Mainly because Id be silly to spend another 2000 on a little french hatch that I will only sell to eventually buy my kit car.

The reason I ask for a comparison, is I drive a fairly fast car on a daily, and I know that cornering and nimbleness is where the Kit Cars come into their own. But I would really like something that is going to "excite me" when I occasionally drive it.

I don't plan on visiting the care home for over 40 years but until then I expect to have hours of joy in a kit car and days of cut knuckles tinkering with it.

sdh2903

posted on 11/3/14 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I would be seriously looking at the car in dick axtells link. It's a beauty, well made and a bullet proof blade engine. You may think 130bhp won't be enough but believe me in a 500kg car it will 'feel' quicker than most road cars. It's on budget too.

If you can't see the ad either donate to become a contributor or send a pm to Ian Jones the guy who's selling it.

bi22le

posted on 11/3/14 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ono my ive only just spent 15k on my car.

7k max ideally.

Just want a weekend car that I can track if I fancy
I want something fairly quick.

I know it's nothing to do with straight line but as a guide line

How quick are these kit cars in comparison with road cars

Pinto
Zetec
Zx9r

To give you an idea of how fast an average CEC \ BEC is I can pi$$ over scoobies with over twice the power and when I was at bedford last year I was keeping with an S2 Exige that was trying hard. I will lap a 911 unless they are commited drivers and from my experience, not much will keep up unless it is very fast. All your normal track day guff has no chance, unless they have slicks. . . .

I have a Raw Striker with 4age 20V ~150bhp. Its about the same speed as an average BEC on track. Faster than a Pinto, equal to a Zetec (with ITB) and ZX9.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Jasmcauley

posted on 11/3/14 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
I would be seriously looking at the car in dick axtells link. It's a beauty, well made and a bullet proof blade engine. You may think 130bhp won't be enough but believe me in a 500kg car it will 'feel' quicker than most road cars. It's on budget too.

If you can't see the ad either donate to become a contributor or send a pm to Ian Jones the guy who's selling it.

That's very nice how much is it

sdh2903

posted on 11/3/14 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
He's asking 7.5k which is a very good price IMO
thegsey

posted on 12/3/14 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I've just put this part finished MEV Rocket up for sale if you fancy a project:

MEV Rocket Kit Car - Original Kit plus most parts needed.

Cheers,

Mike

Jasmcauley

posted on 12/3/14 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thegsey
I've just put this part finished MEV Rocket up for sale if you fancy a project:

MEV Rocket Kit Car - Original Kit plus most parts needed.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike thanks,

But I need to find something that is running and only needs work when it goes wrong or I want to change something.

New house is taking up a fair bit of my spare time, hence selling my current project.

looks a great buy though

brookie

posted on 12/3/14 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Point taken,

I by no means have the attitude you mentioned above, I'm well aware that if it breaks it can be rebuilt and that's all part of it. And this is what excites me, I have a half finished project at the minute, but it is a french hatch.

I've decided to bite the bullet and buy a kit car that I've wanted for the last 10 years.

Mainly because Id be silly to spend another 2000 on a little french hatch that I will only sell to eventually buy my kit car.

The reason I ask for a comparison, is I drive a fairly fast car on a daily, and I know that cornering and nimbleness is where the Kit Cars come into their own. But I would really like something that is going to "excite me" when I occasionally drive it.

I don't plan on visiting the care home for over 40 years but until then I to have hours of joy in a kit car and days of cut knuckles tinkering with it.

well l have a bmw 130i and used to have a 919 blade mk and that put more smiles on my face than the bmw did lol

brookie

posted on 12/3/14 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
found this

Mk indy fireblade

Jasmcauley

posted on 12/3/14 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brookie
quote:
quote:

Point taken,

I don't plan on visiting the care home for over 40 years but until then I to have hours of joy in a kit car and days of cut knuckles tinkering with it.

well l have a bmw 130i and used to have a 919 blade mk and that put more smiles on my face than the bmw did lol

I can imagine, but I don't think my customers would appreciate me turning up to meetings in a screaming kit car

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.