Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: decibel meter to borrow - nottingham/derby area
SteveWallace

posted on 24/3/14 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
decibel meter to borrow - nottingham/derby area

As per the title. I'm getting my car ready for IVA and I'm concerned about the exhaust noise as its above the 99db limit as measured by my i-phone app. I know that these can be inaccurate at these sorts of levels (unfortunately, I suspect by under reading), so I want to use a proper one.

My plan is to repack with Acousta-fil and if that doesn't work I'll have to try something more radical. I'm trying to avoid using a db killer if I can because the IVA man will still need to get his probe up my exhaust (ooer missus).

Does anyone have one that I could borrow for a few days? I live just off J26 of the M1 and would obviously come and collect.

BenB

posted on 24/3/14 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Very few people have accurate noise meters as they have to be quite regularly calibrated and they're expensive to buy in the first place. The cheaper ones (sold in places like Maplins) will be a little nearer the true dB than the Iphone app I'd imagine but they're still pretty inaccurate. They'll tell you if your planned modifications have made the car quieter or louder but I suspect the Iphone app would do that too....
jossey

posted on 24/3/14 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Use an app for a smart phone they ain't too bad.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
IanG1

posted on 24/3/14 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have one, though I will have to dig it out as not used it for ages. Near Junction 25 as well.
Will find it and make sure it still works and let you know.

SteveWallace

posted on 25/3/14 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IanG1
I have one, though I will have to dig it out as not used it for ages. Near Junction 25 as well.
Will find it and make sure it still works and let you know.

Great, thanks.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.