Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wish me luck (work related)
bi22le

posted on 24/3/14 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Wish me luck (work related)

A lot of hard work is hopefully going to come to an end tomorrow when I go for my Incorporated Engineer interview at IPEM (Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine). Im not at Chartership level yet but this is a big step. I wont find out the results untill June I think.

Its hard writing about 8 years of your work career and trying to describe the sorts of things you do for work especially in an industry so obscure (wheelchairs and special seating design). I also have many fingers in many pies to gain as much experience as possible so pulling it all together has been hard.

I have gone about this very unorthodox as I bailed my A'levels, studied part time for my HNC in Engineering and was lucky to land my job but I have kept up the effort to try and get to the top.

If I am a success story then I hope to inspire some of you others that hate their job and want to do something more interesting. Thats how I felt and commonly tell myself "If I dont like something then change it!". If I am not successful this time, it wont knock me back. I am still studying at OU and gaining great experience and will resubmit my application within months.

Fingers crossed please!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

femster87

posted on 24/3/14 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck mate, as long as you have detailed proof of what you have written down you should be fine. Just writing my reports for chartership (ICheme). TBH I don't know if I am ready.
nick205

posted on 24/3/14 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck bizzle, although it sounds like you've been putting in the effort.

Keep us posted good or bad ;-)

zilspeed

posted on 24/3/14 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure there's such a thing as orthodox any more.

I took a long time to go from Tradesman, to BSc graduate to Chartered Status in my chosen profession.

It's all about sticking with it.

bi22le

posted on 29/4/14 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Just incase people were interested or wanted an update. . . I am in there like swimware!!!!

I received a confirmation email on monday saying that my application process was successful and that i need to now pay £120 in fees. Lucky mt company will pay. Woo hoo!!

I am now a ligitimate engineer and not a charlatan!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

zilspeed

posted on 29/4/14 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Just incase people were interested or wanted an update. . . I am in there like swimware!!!!

I received a confirmation email on monday saying that my application process was successful and that i need to now pay £120 in fees. Lucky mt company will pay. Woo hoo!!

I am now a ligitimate engineer and not a charlatan!!

Well done.

I totally understand the significance of it after having gone through a similar process to become chartered.

Enjoy the fact that you've passed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.