Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Not starting!!! No spark!!! Help pls!!
Cowcher

posted on 29/3/14 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Not starting!!! No spark!!! Help pls!!

Hey guys am looking for a bit of input if possible...

I have a Westfield running a hayabusa turbo. All has been good until my prop shaft blow up.
Unfortunately when that went it tore up my wires coming & going to my crack shaft sensor and generator.

Now I cant get the engine to run! No spark. Am worried the wires shorted out and damaged the sensor / generator / rectifier or worse the ecu!!!

So can any one help with how to test these. I was thinking to test the sensor & generator 1st but after looking online I can't see how to test the generator!

After a bit digging around to test the sensor I disconnect it and put a multimeter over the wires and looking for voltage of upto 1volt.
Is this correct? Also any ideas how to test the generator? This also throw my with having 3 yellow wires!!!

Thanks for any help with is as am not the best when the wiring issues arise!

mark chandler

posted on 29/3/14 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Generator you are just looking for the same resistance across any pair of yellow wires, there should bee no leakage to earth.

When connected to the regulator the wires can be in any order, even so a duff generator will not stop sparks as long as your battery is good.

coyoteboy

posted on 29/3/14 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah you could probably run without a generator or regulator at all for a few minutes. The sensor will be your most likely culprit.

CosKev3

posted on 29/3/14 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Presuming you've checked fuses?
Cowcher

posted on 29/3/14 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yep checked the fuses all were good,
Just went and tested the resistance over all the generator wires and all are the same (less than 0.5ohms) so presuming that's ok now.

I then pulled off the plug to the crankshaft sensor and looked fora voltage over the 2 wires coming from the sensor whiist cranking it over.
0 voltage ! So does this mean the sensor is at fault or does the sensor require to be pluged into the harness to get power?

Cheers folks.
Craig

CosKev3

posted on 29/3/14 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah it will need to be plugged in if your testing it's output
Cowcher

posted on 29/3/14 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Was never the best when it came to wiring I presumed that maybes from cranking the engine we would of got some power pinging back.

I plugged it all up and retested still no voltage so looks like its the sensor! Engine out now to pull off the cover and have a look!

Cheers for the help guys

Brackers

posted on 30/3/14 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi not an expert but running a fireblade engine and currently removing the side stand switch from the loom, also checking neutral switch etc. do you have anything on the loom like this that could prevent it from wanting to fire up? Even an earth removed...
cosmick

posted on 30/3/14 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Whereabouts are you located? I can probably help.

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

sam919

posted on 31/3/14 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Might be a shot in the dark but the same thing........electrically happened to me with my blade, the rectifier +ve and -ve were reversed maybe internally diode or something, it didn't start until I swapped them over.you should have five wires going to the rectifier ? Three yellow, green and red? It might be worth a try. You shouldnt harm the rectifier either, I'll quite happy take this back if someone can spot a flaw but its the method I used with the help of jack gows bike dealer technician in dundee
Cowcher

posted on 31/3/14 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Pulled engine out and the crankshaft sensor wires had been pulled off the sensor!! Wee bit soldering then put it back together! Hopefully oes the job!!

Thanks a lot for the input guys

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.