DanG

posted on 9/4/14 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
For sale - my Mk3 Toyota MR2 with hardtop

My daily driver is up for sale:

2004 MK3 (facelift) Toyota MR2 in Astral black with factory hard top
73k miles
1 previous owner from new
Full Service History
Dark grey almost black leather in great condition.
Air con
4 fairly new Dunlop SP tyres.
All in car stereo has been upgraded - good sound but very subtle.
Pioneer headunit with full iphone/ipod compatibility and car kit.
Every bit of history including the receipt for purchase when new.
Currently on private plate which will be removed.

Great fun to drive and I easily get 36 / 37mpg on my daily commute and more if motorway driving.

I always take good care of my cars - ask my neighbours!
Located just east of Manchester.

Very genuine car in excellent condition – just looking for a genuine buyer.

Asking for £3,700 ovno.

Link to ad on PistonHeads:

PistonHeads ad

Thanks

[Edited on 9/4/14 by DanG]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Slimy38

posted on 9/4/14 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Just a small comment, what do people think about 'All test drives to be done with me driving.'? I can see why it's on the ad, there are far too many people out there who just want to have a run (especially in something that nice!). But personally I wouldn't buy a car that I'd not driven myself?

Perhaps presentation of cash is reasonable assurance of the intent to buy?

DanG

posted on 9/4/14 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
Just a small comment, what do people think about 'All test drives to be done with me driving.'? I can see why it's on the ad, there are far too many people out there who just want to have a run (especially in something that nice!). But personally I wouldn't buy a car that I'd not driven myself?

Perhaps presentation of cash is reasonable assurance of the intent to buy?

Fair point.

My thinking was a way to try and filter out perhaps those people you mention who just want to have a run. When selling any cars I've had previously you do get people you would rather not drive your car.

Like you have said if the cash is in my hand then perhaps a different matter. Will see if I can edit the ad on PistonHeads.

nero1701

posted on 9/4/14 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
I like to be both passenger and driver when buying a car, you feel different things as a passenger and can concentrate on the noises more than when your driving..

If I have someone coming to look at one of my cars, I will not let test drives unless i have my asking price in my hand before, as soon as the test drives over, you can have your envelope back and start to haggle

Slimy38

posted on 9/4/14 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nero1701
I like to be both passenger and driver when buying a car, you feel different things as a passenger and can concentrate on the noises more than when your driving..

Oh definitely, my last test drive the owner drove it out and I drove it back. I actually picked up a grinding noise that I couldn't pick up as the driver, and while I was driving I could feel a vibration that I didn't sense as a passenger.

I would have thought any serious buyers would be happy with cash being available, for example bikers are used to handing the cash over for a test ride. If the bike comes back in one piece but they don't want to buy it, the cash is returned.

It also gives a clue as to whether they're actually going to offer the asking price, or whether they're already starting a couple of hundred short!

[Edited on 9/4/14 by Slimy38]

nero1701

posted on 9/4/14 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It also gives a clue as to whether they're actually going to offer the asking price, or whether they're already starting a couple of hundred short!

I never turned up to look at a car without the full asking price in my pocket however, I have never yet paid the full asking price for a car!!

Slimy38

posted on 9/4/14 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nero1701
quote:

I never turned up to look at a car without the full asking price in my pocket however, I have never yet paid the full asking price for a car!!

I've seen it so often I wondered whether it was common practice. 'Sorry mate, I couldn't get the last £100 out of the machine, will you take this cash right now?'. My answer is usually 'no'!

coyoteboy

posted on 9/4/14 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I never go carrying cash, daft thing to do. Go see the car, come back with cash if you want it. Grew up near Manchester and Liverpool and it was not unheard of for people to place ads, people to ring up to view the car and get mugged outside the house by a random passing "stranger".

[Edited on 9/4/14 by coyoteboy]

nero1701

posted on 9/4/14 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:

I never go carrying cash, daft thing to do. Go see the car, come back with cash if you want it. Grew up near Manchester and Liverpool and it was not unheard of for people to place ads, people to ring up to view the car and get mugged outside the house by a random passing "stranger".

[Edited on 9/4/14 by coyoteboy]

Actually a very good point...

However...the 6 foot frame,shaved head, tattoos and a west coast scottish accent(and i dont mean the posh one!!!) usually acts as quite a good deterrent

s6otty

posted on 15/4/14 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Free Bump in the hope it sells before SWMBO makes me buy it for her!!!!!!!!!!!

adithorp

posted on 15/4/14 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Just to get back on topic... I can vouch for the condition of Dan's car. Very nice example.

He just needs to ask more for it so he can afford to pay me for fitting these fecking seats in his MNR!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Davegtst

posted on 15/4/14 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Don't suppose you want to sell the hardtop separately do you?
DanG

posted on 16/4/14 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s6otty
Free Bump in the hope it sells before SWMBO makes me buy it for her!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the bump.

Unfortunately it hasn't sold yet so you will just have to come up and buy it over the weekend!

s6otty

posted on 16/4/14 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Wahhhhhhhhh

DanG

posted on 16/4/14 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Don't suppose you want to sell the hardtop separately do you?

Sorry but don't want to split.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.