And I think I will be over 50 kg range without changing the wheels to 13"

Sould be fine then with the 255 bhp

Description
Description

Cheers and I'll keep it updated once all the weight is off,

Sean

Jenko

posted on 10/4/14 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Just FYI - When I converted my westi to a more track biased car (remove windscreen, wipers, wiper motor, heater, remove carpets, change seats...I saved 35 kg's

Next step was the wheels - saved 5 kgs / corner going down to light 13's, and a further 2 kgs per front wheel going to Wilwoods from M16's.

Thats an additional 24kgs...all up saving was 59kg's

Soat least you you can fairly easily get down to 540 if you ever needed to :-)

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

StevieB

posted on 10/4/14 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
My CVH westy comes in around 550 I think, which has a heavier engine than yours but none of the screen/heater malarkey and has westfield race seats. It is running fairly light wheels, westfield fabricated uprights with ally hubs and a love axle too, which is a fair bit lighter than an IRS.

still, getting rid of the screen and the trappings of comfort should see you down to lighter than my car, and a whole heap faster

Jenko

posted on 10/4/14 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
My CVH westy comes in around 550 I think, which has a heavier engine than yours but none of the screen/heater malarkey and has westfield race seats. It is running fairly light wheels, westfield fabricated uprights with ally hubs and a love axle too, which is a fair bit lighter than an IRS.

still, getting rid of the screen and the trappings of comfort should see you down to lighter than my car, and a whole heap faster

Mine was a CVH westie WITH IRS....final weight before I sold it was 540kg's....The engine was a cracker - 2ltr block, ported head and lairy cams, all fuel injected and mapped - ended up with 170bhp at around 6k rpm, and lots of torque....I like the CVH engines.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

INDY BIRD

posted on 10/4/14 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Will be happy to get to 540 kg then I will be running around 470bhp per ton should be fun )

Must say its plenty quick now,

Cheers for the feedback

Sean

StevieB

posted on 10/4/14 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenko
quote:
Originally posted by StevieB

Mine was a CVH westie WITH IRS....final weight before I sold it was 540kg's....The engine was a cracker - 2ltr block, ported head and lairy cams, all fuel injected and mapped - ended up with 170bhp at around 6k rpm, and lots of torque....I like the CVH engines.

Ah yes, I remember you from the WSCC forum.

I keep thinking about going zetec as it seems a simple enough conversion, but doing something a bit special with the CVH also appeals.

I'd say 540kg's should easily be doable - if it can be done with a live axle CVH, then it should be achievable with a lighter engine but heavier rear suspension. Plus it looks like you have the FW bodywork, which IIRC is a bit lighter than standard SE.

[Edited on 10/4/14 by StevieB]

INDY BIRD

posted on 11/4/14 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Well today in preparation for tack day tomo at Woodbridge removed some bits,

Doors off
Removed boot box
Drained washer bottle

And lost 10 kg so now down to 589 kg

Hee it's easy,

Will keep you on tack as things go,

Sean

CrisisWolf

posted on 13/8/14 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Will keep tabs on what you are doing! Think I weigh (the car I mean) 670kg with everything on. Full wet weather, doors, matts everything. Might need to invest in some scales to see what items weigh. About to change to some more carbon fibre on my 1800 Zetec and got an interchangable aero screen.

No idea what my silencer, seats or wheels weigh but they are areas of interest based upon the weights you've just said!

CrisisWolf

posted on 13/8/14 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Will keep tabs on what you are doing! Think I weigh (the car I mean) 670kg with everything on. Full wet weather, doors, matts everything. Might need to invest in some scales to see what items weigh. About to change to some more carbon fibre on my 1800 Zetec and got an interchangable aero screen.

No idea what my silencer, seats or wheels weigh but they are areas of interest based upon the weights you've just said!

jeffw

posted on 13/8/14 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
There is a S2000 engined Westy which is a road legal sprint car that is under 500Kg (485 to be exact). So that's the target.

CrisisWolf

posted on 13/8/14 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
There is a S2000 engined Westy which is a road legal sprint car that is under 500Kg (485 to be exact). So that's the target.

Aka death on the road. Good way to go tho.

INDY BIRD

posted on 13/8/14 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Got mine down to 545kg but it stops now as the car is up for sale to do a new project cheers Sean

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.