Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: windscreen
macspeedy

posted on 4/10/02 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
windscreen

I'm thinking of fitting a heated windscreen does anybody have any details as to wether this will fit the mk indy also any idea as to how much they cost?
bob

posted on 4/10/02 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
? why

macspeedy

posted on 5/10/02 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
to save weight
bob

posted on 5/10/02 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Mac
Not sure where the weight saving is going to come from,an aeroscreen/flyscreen would save loads of weight.You would not need windscreen wipers and motor or washer bottle and ancileries.

macspeedy

posted on 5/10/02 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
It would mean i would not have to fit a fan and heater matrix etc, there is a lot of sense not to fit a windsreen till after the sva, my car is going to be my main means of transport so it will need to have a full windscreen.
bob

posted on 5/10/02 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
OK mate i've got the picture now,i'm planning to run mine all year as well.

Have you not thought of the 12v electric heater/blowers,they are pretty light and not too pricey.There is a builders website that has convereted 12v hair dryers as sold in camping and caravan suppliers.

If i can find the link for either i'll post it on here.

bob

posted on 5/10/02 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Here is link for 12v demisters.

http://www.nfauto.co.uk/demist.htm

DEAN C.

posted on 6/10/02 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
It's OK Bob,I was puzzled too!
Brilliant answer though,makes sense to me!
Glad I didn't answer first!I might have been attacked again! now,where is my FLAK Jacket?
Dean........

bob

posted on 6/10/02 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I've got the PTM flyscreen for the SVA,so not bothering with heat and wipers and stuff.

If or when i do put a screen on i'll not bother with a heater,most locosts i've been in are roasting in the tunnel after a few miles.Might try and vent some of thet unwanted heat up through scuttle to screen,or just keep wiping with a cloth.

macspeedy

posted on 8/10/02 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
No harm ment, i have found out that C******m do heated windscreens for about £200 and MK say that they get the windscreens they use from lo**cost but somepeople have said that they fit well and some say they don't good price though about 80 - 90 squid for window and frame. any one fitted a full windscreen to there indy yet?? input required.
bob

posted on 8/10/02 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
There are two types of scuttle supplied by MK,i have the one with ridge/lip on it.(probably see it in my archive)
Because of the ridge its not the easiest to fit screen to,the flat top one is better so i've been told.
And yes i'll probably get my screen from lolo cost,locodude has fitted one of theirs on his MK scuttle with lip(pics on his website)

SteveF

posted on 14/10/02 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
MKs seem to have the same size scuttle as a 'wide' Westfield - as demonstrated by SPA fitting a Westfield aero-screen. This question about heated windscreens has come up on the WSCC board http://wscc.ggr.net/cgi-bin/BB/ikonboard.cgi?s=3daadedc7da1ffff;act=ST;f=3;t=3846;hl=heated+windscreen " target="_blank"> http://wscc.ggr.net/cgi-bin/BB/ikonboard.cgi?s=3daadedc7da1ffff;act=ST;f=3;t=3846;hl=heated+windscreen - and you may be able to get one for £120 - dont know if this includes the frame though

Steve

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.