Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EBay bribery
FazerBob

posted on 16/5/14 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
EBay bribery

A couple of months ago I bought some paint from Euro Car Parts, via their EBay listing. The paint never turned up and I got no reply to my requests for an explanation.

Eventually I gave up and reported the matter to EBay. Within a very short time I had a reply from EBay, basically saying that the seller was returning my money.

In view of the lack of an explanation, or any contact from the seller I gave negative feedback. I have now been contacted by the seller asking me to change my negative feedback to 5 star positive!! in return they will send me a free valeting kit.

Naturally I have declined their offer (bribe) and my feedback will stand, but I think this makes a complete mockery of the EBay feedback system.

What would you have done?

Bob

mookaloid

posted on 16/5/14 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
same

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

02GF74

posted on 16/5/14 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ignore it. Poor service deserves neg feedback.

Lucky for you ebay did not remove the neg fb as they did for one of my purchases. Btw i rarely leave neg fb usually no fb for bad service but this case was particularlyy bad.

blakep82

posted on 16/5/14 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
same, and reported the bribe

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

loggyboy

posted on 16/5/14 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Iirc alot of high level sellers rely on high star ratings to keep their eBay fees lower and power seller status.

If it was me I'd take the bribe. A company as large as that will have a decent feedback overal so ur neg will mean little to their prospective purchasers.

Mistral Motorsport

big_wasa

posted on 16/5/14 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
As you say feed back is bent any way. They buggered you about so why not accept a little recompense ?

edit I didn't think you could adjust feed back once submitted ?

[Edited on 16/5/14 by big_wasa]

craig

posted on 16/5/14 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
The feedback system is a joke anyway but i would have done the same as you and not taken the bribe.
cliftyhanger

posted on 17/5/14 at 05:19 AM Reply With Quote
You have retained your dignity, and proved you can't be bought off. That is worth way more than a valeting kit.

Edit

However, I think that many companies do just refund these days. If you have a high volume of sales it just isn't worth the grief of resending or whatever. That is not a defence for the poor customer "care" BTW

[Edited on 17/5/14 by cliftyhanger]

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 17/5/14 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
I personally think e bay the company is useless if you have a problem, but great for buying stuff if it doesn't go wrong. I had an issue a few years ago e bay weren't interested in sorting the problem out spoke to my credit card company sorted within 3days money back in my account..
Slimy38

posted on 17/5/14 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Iirc alot of high level sellers rely on high star ratings to keep their eBay fees lower and power seller status.

If it was me I'd take the bribe. A company as large as that will have a decent feedback overal so ur neg will mean little to their prospective purchasers.

I'd agree with this. Ebay is the enemy here, not the seller. They have imposed this feedback system that is absolutely nothing to do with how the company actually performed, it's purely so the sellers can maintain their seller status. No other system that I know of considers 100% positive feedback to be their 'average'.

If you give them negative feedback, it takes surprisingly few people to do the same and suddenly Ebay have got a huge boost in income because the seller has to pay increased fees.

pewe

posted on 17/5/14 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Interestingly No1 son bought some items on-line (not via fleabay though) from Euro.
Only part of the shipment turned up and despite the signature being 'un-checked' Euro are telling him to report it to the Police and obtain a crime number.
Seems as if Euro are arrogantly reaching the point where they are ignoring the negatives of poor customer service in favour of taking a hard line.
Or am I being cynical?
Cheers, Pewe10

beaver34

posted on 17/5/14 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
I would hav took the bribe and not changed the feedback

Same happened with me afew weeks ago with some bulbs, never arrived asked for anew set or refund they said it was tough, left negative feedback then they refunded me asking to change the feedback which didn't happen

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.