Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Go pro3
brookie

posted on 18/5/14 at 11:42 PM Reply With Quote
Go pro3

So am in Florida at the moment , so thought I would go price a go pro3 black up ,least I can get one for is $399 went in to a shop today and ask them price for one ,bloke said $449 so I said ok and went to walk out off shop bloke at back of counter said what up , so I said I can get cheaper from some where else so then he said ok I will do it for $300 I found this strange and don't now what to do now
Andi

posted on 19/5/14 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
I had this in the states in a photography shop with a CF memory card. They took over half the asking price off it before I purchased it.
Seems standard practice over there.

Andi

David Jenkins

posted on 19/5/14 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Don't forget the taxes that will be added onto the agreed price! There may well be state and city taxes that bump up the total - it's usual to quote prices before tax in the US.

It's worth asking before committing yourself...

brookie

posted on 19/5/14 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks
ChrisW

posted on 20/5/14 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
£260 is about going rate for a 3+ black here. Note '3+', not '3' as you mention in your post.

I'm told by a mate who is a GoPro dealer that the sub-£300 ones are grey imports and the UK wholesale price is around £300. When I pushed him though he also admitted there was no difference so I might as well buy the cheaper one instead of paying his price. Make of that what you will.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.