Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 5VY clutch/cover
BarryChilcott

posted on 19/5/14 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
R1 5VY clutch/cover

Hi

I have an issue with an R1 5VY engine I bought off of Ebay, engine is fine but there is an issue with the clutch, basically the basket touches the outer casing, hence it won’t disengage. I have stripped the clutch and see no issues with it, I believe that there are two different clutch baskets for the R1 and two engine cases, hence I can only assume that the previous owner fitted the wrong cover for the clutch that is fitted, has anyone out there had the same issue? Any advice would be very welcome.

adithorp

posted on 19/5/14 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure I uderstand correctly... If the basket is touching the casing how is it able to rotate? Have you got a photo of it to be sure we're taling about the same bits. Not heard of any issues/differences in 5vy clutches.

Oh, and welcome.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

BarryChilcott

posted on 19/5/14 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Yes the basket touches the engine casing, I have not started it with the basket it, hence with the basket in it will touch the casing.

TimC

posted on 19/5/14 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
The late Limited-model 5VY has a slipper clutch - and the casing is different. I suspect a 4C8 cover will also fit the external dimensions but the internals may foul.

Post a pic of the cover.

BarryChilcott

posted on 19/5/14 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Its same one as detailed here: -

Yamaha R1 Engine Clutch Cover Casing 04 05 5vy

Barry

TimC

posted on 20/5/14 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
That's an 04/05 cover. I have no idea what the differences are but the 06 one is different.

I've just had a browse of 04-05, 06 and 07-08 inner imagaes (See spectrumtechnologies on ebay.com for good quality pics) and really can't see many differences - would imagine that clutch pack is somehow at fault.

[Edited on 20/5/14 by TimC]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.