Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend me a pop up gazebo….
yellowcab

posted on 6/6/14 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Recommend me a pop up gazebo….

So after my first race at Snetterton… my 3m x 3m pop up gazebo was 'OK' but still go soaking wet due to it not being big enough, and it not having sides…

I'm thinking of a 6x3 waterproof pop up version with sides which can be found on eBay for £134

Anyone have one of these? are they any good?

Wasn't keen on white as it'd show marks up too quickly, but black, blue, green will make it too dark inside on a dullish day… which is more often than not… living in the UK lol

AirWave 6x3m White Pop-Up Gazebo, FULLY WATERPROOF,+ Side Walls, Garden Gazebo | eBay
X3MTR WATERPROOF POP UP GAZEBO

mookaloid

posted on 6/6/14 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a bargain to me.

For that money you can throw it away and get another when it gets dirty

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

austin man

posted on 6/6/14 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Have you seen the portable garages from Machine Mart bit more expensive but good sturdy items 100%waterproof

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

yellowcab

posted on 6/6/14 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
LOL at throwing away and buying another when it gets dirty.

Austin - no I haven't… I'll go and check them out now

yellowcab

posted on 6/6/14 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Found this which looks brilliant for the no VAT price…
But its not pop-up, and seems to be a right faff doing it on your own lol

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/clarke-cig1216-heavy-duty-instant-garage/brand/clarke

austin man

posted on 6/6/14 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah thats the one Oliver seems just the job especially if the weather looks a bit naff could even kip in it so no need to put a tent up

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

austin man

posted on 6/6/14 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought Oliver the Clarke on could be mountet to a trailer this may make it a one man put up

YQUSTA

posted on 6/6/14 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Gala tent, strong and a well made piece of kit.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

thefreak

posted on 6/6/14 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
We had a couple of the £130 popups at Snetterton along with the EZ-up.
The £130 piles of junk leaked with the rain we had (were you at the 750mc event too?) and tore with the slight breeze, whereas the 10 year old EZ-up was as good as ever.
The cheap ones are going back and getting an 8x4 Gala Tent for Rockingham. Had one in the past and it stood up to near hurricane weather when at car events in the past.

yellowcab

posted on 7/6/14 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers mate - yes I was at the 750mc event… testing on the Saturday morning lol

OK - I'll avoid the £130 ones then… which Gala tent do you have YQUSTA and are they pop up / 1 man job?

thefreak

posted on 7/6/14 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
We were down at the end of the garages where the entry to the put lane was. Testing Saturday morning is when we were out... We needed a canoe!
The gala tents are all tubular fit together and probably 2 people and an hours work but as there's 3 of us in the team we should be able to manage it.
Haven't purchased it yet, need to get the other pile of junk returned.

The original EZ-UP is just about doable with 1 person but much easier with 2. Much higher quality material than the cheaper kits and well worth the investment. Perfect for 1 car at its 4.5x3m, 2 squeeze in with the front ends hanging out

yellowcab

posted on 7/6/14 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers pal - recognise your username and location from 13 years ago!
yellowcab

posted on 7/6/14 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
If its a genuine 'EZ Pop Up' like it states… this is a bargain… but really didn't want black as it'd be very dark inside on a dull day when its pissing down lol

New 6mx3m EZ Pop Up Gazebo Party Tent Canopy Marquee Black Free Wheel Bag+Window | eBay
ebay template
??????????????

YQUSTA

posted on 7/6/14 at 01:28 AM Reply With Quote
I have the 6x3 gala tent original marquee, I was able to erect it on my own though more hands would have been a big help.

The hard part doing it on your own is the canvas, the poles are easy enough as they fit so well together.

They are so strong you could hang off the them.

The canvas is also think material and hard wearing.

The windows will also provide some good light into the tent for working on the car.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

thefreak

posted on 7/6/14 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
That link you posted is nothing like an EZ-Up the one we have has 3/4 length clear panels for the sides with the bottom 1/4 being black. Not fake windows
jossey

posted on 7/6/14 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
I saw a guy a blyton once with a family tent bit like a done tent but 6-10 man I guess. It was long similar to the 6x3 meters that looked good

And it had bedroom departments on it

It had a built in floor and he just drove in.

[Edited on 7/6/14 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 7/6/14 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
A friend bought two 3x3 pop up gazebos from eBay that look very similar to the one in the OP's pic. They were used for shelter in the service areas of tarmac rally stages, and they barely lasted 6 months. The tubing is the thinnest wall stuff you've ever seen and it only takes a bit of wind and they buckle and fold up. The super thin wall tubing makes them tricky to weld back together after this happens. Don't bother trying to hold the gazebo down with the plastic feet either, they snap off if you look at them too hard.

He's now stumped up for a heavy duty 6m x 4m gazebo that cost the better part of £500 but the quality is incomparably better than the cheap ones.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.