Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake fluid reservoir
SALAD

posted on 20/6/14 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Brake fluid reservoir

Does anyone have a fluid reservoir available?

The master cylinder is from a Fiat but it's the shape of the reservoir that is more important. As per the picture in my thread below, it ideally needs to be 'dog bone' shaped but level / horizontal. I don't want to remote mount one either.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/3/viewthread.php?tid=191585

However, after reading the relevant part of the IVA manual, there is nothing to suggest that the reservoir needs to be mounted level, so what are your opinions on how my current one is sat?

CosKev3

posted on 20/6/14 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Every MK/MAC1 etc kit car with a horizontal panel in front of the pedals has a reservoir sloping like that if using the Sierra MC.

Can't see any issue myself,you would need it to be massively sloping before the fluid level would effect the working of the brakes.

Someone on here did machine some alloy in a wedge shape to get the MC to sit so the reservoir was level.

Bluemoon

posted on 21/6/14 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Main reason for not using the standard one is that it's a PITTA to get to. Remote solves this..

Looking at you the photo I can see your problem the std serria on is wedged the other way filler at thick end so when full both sections fill up. In the photo you will not be able to fully fill the front section...

Dan

[Edited on 21/6/14 by Bluemoon]

CosKev3

posted on 21/6/14 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't really need to be full though to work, draw a imaginary line from below filler to front and there will be plenty of fluid in the res
SALAD

posted on 22/6/14 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
That's what I thought, there will be loads in there.
Bluemoon

posted on 8/7/14 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
Just remember there is a baffle in there worst case is, you could actually find you never fill the circuit at the front....

Also note that once the pads get close to fully worn you may find you run out of fluid...

Dan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.