Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CEC and BEC ?
Peteff

posted on 14/11/04 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote
CEC and BEC ?

If it's in a car it's a car engine, if it's in a bike it's a bike engine. If it was still a bike engine we wouldn't have any sva emissions problems. You put it in a car it ceases to be a bike engine. If you put a later engine in a pre cat bodyshell like the mini or sooty van conversion it comes under the vehicle year. Could it be registered in an early car and then swapped into a Locost or similar to avoid the emissions test. I have a Y reg Mini sat here doing nothing.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

JoelP

posted on 14/11/04 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
its a good idea. but i think they would still go by the age of the engine, not the car it is in. worth a try? i suspect it would work in some areas and not in others.

if it comes to it, why not do the SVA with an old car engine, make sure you get a q plate, then do a transplant and put the bike engine in. no emissions tests ever!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Hellfire

posted on 14/11/04 at 12:30 AM Reply With Quote
My god Pete - you worming yourself around the system?

I agree with JoelP - I'm sure it's been done before that way, eh-hem - allegedly!

zetec

posted on 14/11/04 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
It goes on the age of the engine. I had to get a letter from Ford showing the date it was made. The need for the donor car to have a cat or not was not taken into account.

That said worth a go.

kingr

posted on 14/11/04 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
The nice chap at Taunton SVA said that lots of people had successfully done exactly what you suggested.

Kingr

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.