Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how many Englishmen does it take to change a armco barrier
will121

posted on 6/7/14 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
how many Englishmen does it take to change a armco barrier

how many Englishmen does it take to change a armco barrier! good job no potholes as well as they would just put yellow paint round it a come back in a months time. Not a good showing of British efficiency in my opinion on a world wide stage

[Edited on 6/7/14 by will121]

scootz

posted on 6/7/14 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Was just thinking the same myself!

It's Evolution Baby!

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/7/14 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
I was surprised that they didn't put in a 5 mile lane closure in both direction with a 40mph speed limit and then do the repairs over night.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Minicooper

posted on 6/7/14 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by will121
how many Englishmen does it take to change a armco barrier! good job no potholes as well as they would just put yellow paint round it a come back in a months time. Not a good showing of British efficiency in my opinion on a world wide stage

[Edited on 6/7/14 by will121]

To have it all done in an hour was very good

David

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 6/7/14 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Was more interesting than the race though
StevieB

posted on 6/7/14 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
For my opinion I think it was a job well done on the changing out front and a lot of the time was spent analysing the need the change the barrier or not - that's something that's not in the hands of the crew on the ground.

gremlin1234

posted on 6/7/14 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
how many Englishmen does it take to change a armco barrier!
from the pictures, jut one...
quote:
I was surprised that they didn't put in a 5 mile lane closure in both direction with a 40mph speed limit and then do the repairs over night.
lemans implemented 'slow zones' this year, they could work, having cars going at (pit lane speed limiter) limited speeds though affected areas

steve m

posted on 6/7/14 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
lemans took 2 hours to repair the barriers when I was there 2011 ? the most boring two hours of my life at 2200 !!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

RK

posted on 6/7/14 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
As said on the broadcast we had here in Canada: what are the odds of hitting it again? Pretty much none. They did the same at Montreal once here. Completely out of line with reality.
loggyboy

posted on 7/7/14 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
As said on the broadcast we had here in Canada: what are the odds of hitting it again? Pretty much none. They did the same at Montreal once here. Completely out of line with reality.

So in your opinion, having your entertainment when you were promised it, rather than a whole hour later is less important than someones life?

[Edited on 7-7-14 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

jeffw

posted on 7/7/14 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
What would have happened if it was hit again and the car went between the armco sections...Would not have been pretty

gaz_gaz

posted on 7/7/14 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Sad to see Nikki Lauder complaining that the race shouldn't have been stopped.
sdh2903

posted on 7/7/14 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK

What a sad attitude. I bet they thought that before that before the race. Didn't stop Kimi trying to impale it.

F1 is very proud of its safety record since ratzenberger and senna perished at imola. Do you really think it's worth a driver or several spectators dying for the sake of an hour to carry out a repair? In fact by the time they actually got to the barrier and assessed, it was more like a 30-40 min repair time which I think is very reasonable.

morcus

posted on 7/7/14 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
They were of course right to do what they did, though I think a red flag that early should have gone to a restart with original grid positions and a standing start.

How many people have died in top level motorsport because the FIA didn't act appropriately after and accident and put running to plan ahead of safety?

I thought it was really strange that Nikki Lauder said that and glad that Eddie called him up on it.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.