Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 5jj engine
josh.evans

posted on 25/7/14 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
5jj engine

Anyone know where to get a 5jj engine need one ASAP none on ebay. .
zx12r dug

posted on 25/7/14 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Try malc at yorkshire engines theres not much he doesnt have
CosKev3

posted on 25/7/14 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Full 4xv package in for sale section, not sure on differences?
metro6r4

posted on 25/7/14 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 4xv complete with carbs and a k+ N filter and uprtated clutch up for sale for the right price I can throw in a spare engine for rebuilding and a manual

as far as I am aware the 5jj has a slightly better gearbox and runs injection instead of carbs but they should be interchangeable I may be wrong however

metro6r4

posted on 25/7/14 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
stand corrected according to my Haynes manual there on carbs its the 5pw's that are on injection
StevieB

posted on 26/7/14 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
I think the main differences is in the gearbox as said, but the 5jj also has an emission re circulation contraption that I don't think the 4xv has. No doubt there's a few tweaks in the ecu etc too.

Minicooper

posted on 26/7/14 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
From Wikipedia

At 127.8 horsepower (95.3 kW) at the rear wheel, top-end output remained the same, but changes to the engine management system were intended to result in a smoother, broader distribution of power.

Mechanically, the carburetors were re-jetted in an effort to improve throttle response, especially in the low end, all the way up to the bike's 11,750 rpm redline. The redesigned camshafts were lightened and used internal oil ways to lubricate journals that, when combined with reduced tappet clearance, provided less friction and created less engine noise. The gearbox received a taller first gear, a hollow chrome-moly shift-shaft with an additional bearing and a completely redesigned shift linkage and foot pedal. These changes were aimed at eliminating problems with the transmission in earlier models, and to help to seamlessly transfer the bike's power to the road.

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.