Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: tyre sealant?
blakep82

posted on 26/7/14 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
tyre sealant?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-SL-SDS500-Tubeless-Sealant-473ml/dp/B000C11PYW

Any thoughts?

3 of my tyres hold pressure ok, for weeks, then randomly drop to about 12psi and stay there :/
The air is leaking from the outside of the valve stem, where the rubber meets the alloy. The wheels aren't corroded and are in pretty good condition

The tyres are too old to consider breaking the seal and replacing the stem in case it weakens the edges(?), and got too much tread left to think about replacing.

Is there anything that can go inside the wheel to help seal it, but not cause issues when its time to replace tyres

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mark chandler

posted on 26/7/14 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
SLiME is not intended for use in tires losing pressure from sidewall punctures, bead leaks, damaged rims or faulty valves.

The only way to resolve is let the air out, break the bead on the outside, and plug in a new valve.

YQUSTA

posted on 26/7/14 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I took some wheels to a local place and they did the valves for free, i gave them a fiver for their trouble.

mine was an advisory on an MOT.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

daviep

posted on 27/7/14 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
I've never had (or heard of) any bother getting tyres to seal on the bead regardless of age. In what way do you think they will be weakened?

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.