Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy Blyton Gearbox Fail (Video)
Nick_TitanMsport

posted on 23/9/14 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
MK Indy Blyton Gearbox Fail (Video)

Hi Chaps,,,

might as well have this one up let you all feel my pain.

if you notice on the video the gear selects a false neutral between 4-5 a couple of laps before. the sensible thing to do was probably come in but of course i carried on.

i was using the clutch up and down it all seemed ok then curtains.

let me know your thoughts.

Ta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKCLkhQgyxQ

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
woodstock

posted on 23/9/14 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
I had similar problems also at Blyton in a BEC (Fireblade 919) and it turned out to be my clutch. Ultimately it was wear and tear and overheating that did it for me. I think it was the 'lights out, go' starting straight at Blyton that tipped it over the edge with me doing race style starts/0-60 tests.

I replaced my clutch plates and the springs and it was fine and a lot cheaper than any gearbox work.

Worth opening up the clutch and having a look. My plain plates were blue and clearly overheated and my springs were under the specified length.

Maybe someone with a similar engine might have better advice but that's what i'd look at first.

Good luck

Chris

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/9/14 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
It did sound a bit clunky, Ive never used the clutch with a bec on the upshifts, have you got a TRT prop, they can help soften the drive, and help save your gearbox.
gingerprince

posted on 23/9/14 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Same noise mine made at Blyton in 2011...

Broken Teeth
Broken Teeth

Don't think I bumped into you on the day, but believe you're a mate of Andrew Hilder - says you still haven't taken him for a spin

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.