New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Q: measurements Propshaft GBS
t.j.

posted on 3/10/14 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Q: measurements Propshaft GBS

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the propshaft from GBS:

- length min-max
- is the front flange the "transit"-one which fits on the transit flange of the MT75?

Thx.

[Edited on 3/10/14 by t.j.]

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

designer

posted on 3/10/14 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Why not ring GBS?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
luke2152

posted on 3/10/14 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
Why not ring GBS?

my experience with GBS on such things went along the lines of 'it will fit x item we also sell and that's all you need to know'

They were most unhelpful when I wanted to use different dampers and steering rack to the ones they sell

designer

posted on 3/10/14 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

my experience with GBS on such things went along the lines of 'it will fit x item we also sell and that's all you need to know' They were most unhelpful when I wanted to use different dampers and steering rack to the ones they sell

That's how they treated you when you had bought a kit!!

Not right, but probably typical of the majority of these types of company.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
luke2152

posted on 3/10/14 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

my experience with GBS on such things went along the lines of 'it will fit x item we also sell and that's all you need to know' They were most unhelpful when I wanted to use different dampers and steering rack to the ones they sell

That's how they treated you when you had bought a kit!!

Not right, but probably typical of the majority of these types of company.

In fairness they have been quite helpful and informative on other aspects of the build but that attitude regarding using different parts pissed me right off.

AndyW

posted on 3/10/14 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I built my GBS with about 90% parts not from them, and I must say, they could not be more helpful, even with info about parts that I had no intention of buying from them.

If you speak to the guy who works in the stores then you may not get the most helpful advice, ask to speak with Simon or Richard they have always answered any question, and the workshop have even "loaned" me things to help along the way.

I suppose its how a question is asked...................

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.