Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: long shot AutoCAD 2015?
Talon Motorsport

posted on 15/10/14 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
long shot AutoCAD 2015?

I know this could be a long shot but has any body got the keys to the kingdom that I can aaghmmm 'borrow' so that I can send drawings to the laser cutters? I spent a week drawing them using my sons free education soft ware but they can't read it?????
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 15/10/14 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
What software are you using? It must be able to do .dxf, .dwg.

Most laser companies can use PDF too.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul Turner

posted on 15/10/14 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
I use AutoCAD at work but at home I use a product called DraftSight, too tight to buy AutoCAD. For home use its totally free and anyone who uses AutoCAD should have no problems using it. Saves files as dxf, dwg etc. Drawings saved on AutoCAD open perfectly on DraftSight and vice versa. It even maps the x-refs in perfectly.

Dassault Systemes are a large organisation, their Catia and Solidworks programmes are industry standards. They developed DraftSight when Autodesk threw a wobbly.

Get it here http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight/overview/

Stot

posted on 15/10/14 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Want to send them to me Phil and ill see if I can open them for you?

Cheers
Stot

ssc28

posted on 15/10/14 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Email them to me and I'll covert them to whatever format you need. I have autocad 2015.
ken555

posted on 15/10/14 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Same here I have a college worth of Autocad, I can use.

Also does your son know he can get Autocad free if he has an ac.uk email address.

Details here

[Edited on 15-10-14 by ken555]

Dualist

posted on 16/10/14 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Save them as "AutoCad 2000 dwg" and then anyone can open them. If they have an older version then they ain't gonna be able to open them, not every company updates the software every year when there is no point.

Rotary build coming soon...

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
I recently discovered that pigs can p i s s sideways when being transported

mcerd1

posted on 16/10/14 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
^^ as above autocad 2000 is always a safe bet - it can be opened by almost any cad package
also try the 2000 version of *.dxf format if they still have issues

if you haven't got access to the program anymore then Autodesk do a free viewer that you can download - its called TrueView
http://www.autodesk.com/products/dwg/viewers
it includes a *.dwg converter that lets you pick anything from 2000 format to the latest one

or you could just install the free trial version

[Edited on 16/10/2014 by mcerd1]

[Edited on 16/10/2014 by mcerd1]

-

loggyboy

posted on 16/10/14 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Its my understanding that drawings created in a student edition are permanently locked. I.e. will always print/output with watermarks.
I suspect the student produced file you have sent them is blocking being sent to their cnc machine. There is no way of overcoming this other than redrawing them in a licensed version.
I suspect there may be unlawful ways of hacking it, but autodesk go to lots of trouble to stop people from getting around their licensing so doubt it will be easy or free.

[Edited on 16-10-14 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.