Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: KLDE V6 Bellhousing PDF bolt pattern
KFC

posted on 16/10/14 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
KLDE V6 Bellhousing PDF bolt pattern

Hey,
Can anyone forward me a link for a pdf doc? I'm after the bolt pattern of the back of the KLDE V6, I had Clairetoo make an adapter plate for this engine to a RX8 gearbox and would like to have more made to sell on if anyone else wants to do a V6 conversion. I will have templates for the bulkhead cut outs and engine mount adapter plates.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.

ste

posted on 16/10/14 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Aparently, KLDE and KLZE blocks are the same, but here is the bolt pattern for a KLZE

CAD files here

http://www.offroadvw.net/bajawes/V6_baja/Cad/

ste

posted on 16/10/14 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
all thanks to 2 minutes on google
KFC

posted on 17/10/14 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
Oh wow, that was quick! I've been putting in KLDE, maybe no one is bothered with that because it has less power. Thanks for that!
KFC

posted on 17/10/14 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks again, the file is spot on. I'm going to look for a RX8 gearbox bolt patern to compare mine with a datum line. Cheers
andybird

posted on 30/3/15 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
Was it the same? Is this a route forward?
KFC

posted on 30/3/15 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andybird
Was it the same? Is this a route forward?

It is exactly the same. I had it checked against the plate I had made. The gearbox bolt pattern was a tricky one get the centers right, ie, the concentricity of the virtual input shaft. I have a cad drawing of the adapter plate.

andybird

posted on 30/3/15 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi thank

So a Klde engine fits on the 6 speed rx8 gearbox without an adaptor or have I got that wrong?

KFC

posted on 30/3/15 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Hi thank

So a Klde engine fits on the 6 speed rx8 gearbox without an adaptor or have I got that wrong?

Sorry, you have it wrong. Not one bolt lines up. I have an adapter plate 20mm thick.

andybird

posted on 30/3/15 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ok sorry

How did you deal with the input shaft length

KFC

posted on 30/3/15 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Ok sorry

How did you deal with the input shaft length

Carefully measuring the starter motor to where the flywheel would be and now is spot on. Starter gear engages the original flywheel ring gear witness marks. A 13mm spacer behind the flywheel makes this happen and the input shaft locate perfectly in a bearing that is pressed in the flywheel. The spacer thickness dimension is a guess, I can't remember off the top of my head what it is but it set up right.

Are you building something with a V6?

[Edited on 30/3/15 by KFC]

andybird

posted on 30/3/15 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thinking about the rx8 with a v6

Figured the lump may sit behind the steering rack

Are flywheel spacers safe?

KFC

posted on 30/3/15 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Thinking about the rx8 with a v6

Figured the lump may sit behind the steering rack

Are flywheel spacers safe?

The V6 does sit in the same space as the rotary did and it really is a lot of work to do it. You can have a look to see what I've done so far if you like, I live in Coventry if that helps?

andybird

posted on 30/3/15 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I'm only near kettering so not a million miles from you

Mine would be a track car /ocassional road car so I'm not too bothered about the original dials working

Thinking rx7 accelerator pedal for the cable throttle.

Want to use the original box so that it all lines up so that I just got to make mounts for the engine but the ppf from the box to the diff can be reused.

Got any pictures?

KFC

posted on 30/3/15 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm only near kettering so not a million miles from you

Mine would be a track car /ocassional road car so I'm not too bothered about the original dials working

Thinking rx7 accelerator pedal for the cable throttle.

Want to use the original box so that it all lines up so that I just got to make mounts for the engine but the ppf from the box to the diff can be reused.

Got any pictures?

A track day car, that's very different. The V6 would feel underpowered on a circuit. If I were to do it again, I'd seriously look at the rover V8 as it will fit pretty well, if you don't mind doing some cutting then look at the lexus 4.0 V8. I'm thinking of a track day car with the lexus engine after I'm done. Where would you drive it? What sort of racing? Or just purely test days?

Have a look here.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=185939&page=2

andybird

posted on 31/3/15 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
I thought of the 1UZFE as well but given its 4 cylinders long I dont think it will fit.

Maybe a camry v6 custom manifolds and voila 3 litre twin turbo. They make 280ish bhp at low boost with a supercharger

Gonna use it for grip circuit work

andybird

posted on 31/3/15 at 04:51 AM Reply With Quote
I thought of the 1UZFE as well but given its 4 cylinders long I dont think it will fit.

Maybe a camry v6 custom manifolds and voila 3 litre twin turbo. They make 280ish bhp at low boost with a supercharger

KFC

posted on 31/3/15 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Tall engines mean you have to cut into the bulkhead and it will not fit behind the steering rack. My engine is 1 inch longer than the renesis plus the adapter plate it just fits without moving the rack and roll bar.
A Transversed V6 made to a longitudinal configuration ads a lot of mods to get it to fit. The KL needed a made inlet system, moved oil filter housing, water thermostat to the front, different sump, forward crank pulley, (touches the rack). I think these jobs are on top of the usual stuff compared to a purpose built longitudinal engine.
For me the next one would a V8 as far back as I could.

samjc

posted on 20/6/15 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
KFC did the mx5 bellhousing not fit better ?
Currently have a rx8 box to mount to my pinto but once out of iva ill be looking in to fitting my duratec v6 after a few mild mods to up the power.
How much was the adapter plat to be made to suit the rx8 box as looking into it for the pinto and just drilling and bolting the pinto side of the plate.

KFC

posted on 20/6/15 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by samjc
KFC did the mx5 bellhousing not fit better ?
Currently have a rx8 box to mount to my pinto but once out of iva ill be looking in to fitting my duratec v6 after a few mild mods to up the power.
How much was the adapter plat to be made to suit the rx8 box as looking into it for the pinto and just drilling and bolting the pinto side of the plate.

I had my adapter plate made by Claire. It has to be very accurate, it's not just the case of drilling some holes by hand. Even if you got the plate to bolt to the V6 and the gearbox, the input shaft has to be spot on and I'd say with a concentricity +/- 0.1mm.
You need it to line up in the pilot bearing other wise you'll wear out your input shaft box bearing very quickly, leak at the seal and so on...

samjc

posted on 21/6/15 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
I know it needs to be accurate but whats the best methord to reach that accuracy is it a case of machining a plate to suit both bolt paterns from engineering spec ? Is the mondeo v6 2.5ltr same as the hag in terms of bolt patern ? Also roughly how much was the plate ?
KFC

posted on 21/6/15 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by samjc
I know it needs to be accurate but whats the best methord to reach that accuracy is it a case of machining a plate to suit both bolt paterns from engineering spec ? Is the mondeo v6 2.5ltr same as the hag in terms of bolt patern ? Also roughly how much was the plate ?

As far as I know the jag V6 is the ford dura tec block. I have the klde 2.5 v6 which is the same as the probe engine. To make your adapter plate, it will be a first so lots of time spent getting the accuracy and making a mock up to check the pattern. Contact clairetoo. I paid £190 for mine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.