Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Henry ford
Jon Ison

posted on 7/11/14 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Henry ford

what pillock hides a fuse box behind a fuse box, rant over.
adithorp

posted on 7/11/14 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, yes... Spent some looking for those.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

scootz

posted on 7/11/14 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Phew... I thought this was going to be one of those 'RIP' threads.

Don't think I could face the day knowing that Henry had passed away.

It's Evolution Baby!

Smoking Frog

posted on 7/11/14 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Phew... I thought this was going to be one of those 'RIP' threads.

Don't think I could face the day knowing that Henry had passed away.

Snap!

britishtrident

posted on 7/11/14 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
what pillock hides a fuse box behind a fuse box, rant over.

Nissan do, they have 3 fuses boxes the secret hidden one is hidden upside down below the battery.
Looking for a blown reverse light fuse on a Nissan Note the only I found out about it was via owners forums. To trump it all was to get proper access to it the have remove the battery, grill and headlamp. Needless to say brute force and very long nosed pliers won the day. On modern Nissans a blown reverse light fuse triggers the MIL to light on the dashboard ;-()

I can remember when cheaper Fords didn't have any fuses

[Edited on 7/11/14 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/11/14 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
I doubt he's to blame though, I think it's a while since he's be involved in the car scene
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ASH3

posted on 7/11/14 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Newish Renault kango have a brilliant idea the number plate light fills with water blows the fuse that results
in removal of battery/ecu ect because they had the intelligence to hide it under there 3hr job BONKERS!!!

David Jenkins

posted on 7/11/14 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe it's a special Renault skill? Try changing the headlight bulb in a Megane...

mcerd1

posted on 7/11/14 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
mr ford managed to print the manual for mine without updating the fuse diagrams in it (and there is no diagram on the cover of the box either)
mine's the face lifted mk1 c-max - the main change they made apart from the looks was the wiring loom and fuses !

-

steve m

posted on 7/11/14 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
"Maybe it's a special Renault skill? Try changing the headlight bulb in a Megane..."

or anything French !!

I, over the years have been asked if I can change a headlight bulb, on many many cars, and if when asked they say its a French pile of shyte car, I always decline, and say Halfwits only charge a fiver to do it

how can anyone design a car, that requires you to remove the battery or engine (joke) just to change a consumable, as in a bulb
needs having the said battery /engine stuffed up their a**e

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

K13JOB

posted on 7/11/14 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
My 93 Mini (the real ones not BMW) has in-line fuses hidden behind the dash that don't appear on any wiring digram or workshop manual, even the dealers didn't know about them?

[Edited on 7/11/14 by K13JOB]

David Jenkins

posted on 7/11/14 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
"Maybe it's a special Renault skill? Try changing the headlight bulb in a Megane..."

or anything French !!

I, over the years have been asked if I can change a headlight bulb, on many many cars, and if when asked they say its a French pile of shyte car, I always decline, and say Halfwits only charge a fiver to do it

how can anyone design a car, that requires you to remove the battery or engine (joke) just to change a consumable, as in a bulb
needs having the said battery /engine stuffed up their a**e

Fifth Gear did a feature about the Megane - they got an RAC or AA man to change the headlight bulb, which involves removing the front wheel on that side, removing a panel and reaching in blind to change the bulb by touch. Later on the two presenters were chatting as one sat on a Golf with the bonnet open - the question was asked "how hard is it to change a bulb in this Golf?" and the seated presenter reached behind him, paused a couple of seconds, and lifted out the old bulb that he'd removed behind his back. Obviously the new bulb went back just as easily!

morcus

posted on 8/11/14 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
Isn't that a safety feature on modern French cars? by the time a bulb needs changing something you've not noticed that's far more important will already have broken so it's probably time to get another car?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.